Is gaming getting bad or am I growing up?

Sinophile

I grew up as a gamer, and always had both a PC and at least one gaming system. All of my best memories revolve around gaming sadly. However, it seems that since the current-gen consoles came out, gaming has gotten less appealing, and I am always having a hard time finding something that I actually want to play. Am I simply growing bored of gaming in general, or has gaming simply changed? Do most people naturally prefer games they've played during childhood? Are there any gamers over 30 who say anything along the lines of,"I don't play games with bad graphics?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure it's getting worse. I remember buying games that I could sink months into and not get bored. Now a game is lucky to survive to a second play-through. I could just be jaded though.

jim_uk is correct.

The current generation only see a game for the fact it has great graphics.

I mean, who would rather play a good game with average graphics when you can play a complete ball of crap with photorealistic graphics enhanced for 3D that has stuff like sun glare, realistic sun rays, SSAO/HDAO, rain effects that'll make you feel like you're getting wet and all that crap.

/sarcasm

Edited by CommanderCrazy

Absolutly.. gaming has gone really bad, nowadays it is like jim said, about graphics, physics, sex and, nudity and violence. I remember when i used to play with my mum Stonekeep on the old computer. And the family gaming time on the n64 on zelda and mario :D ah the memories...

I beg to differ. Black Ops is nothing near being great. Its gameplay is the same, the story line was cliche. It sold so much just because of the name it have "Call of Duty"

i didnt say the storyline was great

i just love the gameplay itself, the selection of weapons could be bigger though

i just like playing it

I beg to differ. Black Ops is nothing near being great. Its gameplay is the same, the story line was cliche. It sold so much just because of the name it have "Call of Duty"

I agree with you so much on this one, and I also agree with Crazy.

I have not touched an Xbox or PS3 in my life, well I did at my friends' houses, but that is just once or twice we had a game.

I am not planning on getting a game console as I have this laptop and a PC standing with probably the best equipment available out there. Sound, graphics, smoothness, everything! I don't understand some people pushing me to get an Xbox or whining about PS3 being better and that I should have it. I also haven't played any game in about 4-6 months that can make me to actually consider to get a gaming console. The games I play on PC cannot be beaten by any console.