Left-Wing, Right-wing, or Central?

Daedthr

:dry: I am a master of sarcasm and I know it when I see it. When I do, I will let you know. And ColourWheel has been spanked once by the staff for doing what she is doing now. Given time, it will happen again; though encouraging her will speed up the process. Do continue. :thumbsup:

Edited for a type-o.

I might have seen it, I might not have.

No reason, if what you state is true, to take offense and display it..Am I right?

This pre-election season is a farce, so far, might as well get ready for the real comedy.

Edited for specificity.

Edited by MotoSxorpio

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dry: I am a master of sarcasm and I know it when I see it. When I do, I will let you know. And ColourWheel has been spanked once by the staff for doing what she is doing now. Given time, it will happen again; though encouraging her will speed up the process. Do continue. :thumbsup:

Edited for a type-o.

If you are purposely trolling me to try to get me to attack you personally then we are done even debating.... have a great day.

Want a milk shake with that order of frenchcries?

Now back to sanity and the topic at hand.

This pre-election season is a farce, so far, might as well get ready for the real comedy.

The election in 2012 was a fiasco. The Republican options were simply bland. The only person running with any fire or Statesmanship was Newt Gingrich and he withdrew. That left Paul, Ryan and Romney. Despite the disaster of Obama's first term people were not properly motivated to make a real change and to be honest I don't think the final contenders would have done much, if anything. The Democrats had Obama and that was all they needed for a win; though we can now see the results of that win with some of the liberal base turning their backs on him.

2016 will be very different and the Democrats are in a bind for real leadership. Hillary is possibly on her way out and if Biden doesn't step in quickly the Democrats are going to be in serious trouble. If he waits until after Hillary's testimony in Congress and after the email legalities, it might be Sept. and far too late. People will see it as him having to step in to save the day for the Democratic Party. That is not a motivation for people to go to the polls. People are even less motivated to vote for someone just for the sake of voting against someone else. I know some voters do that, but that will not turn out the mass vote needed to carry an election. The Republicans used that tactic in 2012 and it failed. "I'm not Obama." wasn't enough.

The most auspicious occurrences this cycle are the successes of Sanders and Trump in pre-polling. Jeb Bush is toast (Thank God) and Hillary isn't far behind him. I don't think it is a matter of IF she goes but WHEN. Biden would be a better President than Hillary. He needs to run.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by WursWaldo

Biden is scandal-free and has credibilty. He is also a Statesman, though foreign leaders do not give him much credence. I think that is because of Obama's shadow. Hillary is a Clinton and all that entails. She has also added new moral lows in being a Clinton. The liberal press is questioning her ability to be President and people are losing confidence in her. I think the Obama White House is Biden their time (get it? heh-heh) until her campaign goes under. If so, that is a flawed tactic for the reasons I've already touched on. There is no love lost bewteen Obama and Hillary and I'm fairly certain he laughs to himself when he thinks about what she's going through right now; it is a mess of her own making. Another bonus for Democrats is President Biden means a third term of Obama policies. He won't dismantle anything and he might even address some of the flaws to tighten up the legislation.

The problem Democrats face now is turning out the Black vote. I listen to my Democrat friends and most of them are not happy about the gay marriage issue. You won't hear them say things publicy so it is probably off the DNC's radar at this time. I have inside information since Black folks do not talk the same way around white people as they do amongst themselves. :wink: The people I know aren't motivated by Hillary or Sanders and they certainly will not vote Republican because of the divisionist rhetoric like what ColourWheel posted. All of this means they might not participate at all. Add to that the Millennials who feel betrayed and Democratic prospects are grim for 2016. That leaves Hillary and her non-existent 'war on women'. Look back to 2008 and the drive and energy of the Democratic base and look at it now. :whistling: By this time in 2008 Obama had won.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by WursWaldo

I would point out that better than 60% of population doesn't vote for ANYONE...... So stating they won't vote for Trump is pretty much meaningless.

I am curious how "hilariy's emails being investigating" does NOT imply that Hilary herself is NOT being investigated. Did those emails send themselves? Will they be charged in a criminal court? Or will it be the person that wrote them? The mere fact that she HAD her own, personal, private, email server, on a federal government network, was in and of itself an illegal act. The additional fact that it is now gone, along with the data, implies that she did indeed have something to hide there. Why else would she pull the disappearing act? She may not be convicted in a court of law, but, in the court of public opinion, she pretty much already has been. That is not going to help her campaign, and that is already showing in her slipping poll numbers.

I am of the opinion that ANY program that supports criminals in their acts, should not exist. I.E. any program that helps ILLEGAL immigrants stay in this country. If we aren't going to enforce the laws equally, what is the point of having them at all?

I would point out that better than 60% of population doesn't vote for ANYONE...... So stating they won't vote for Trump is pretty much meaningless.

I am curious how "hilariy's emails being investigating" does NOT imply that Hilary herself is NOT being investigated. Did those emails send themselves? Will they be charged in a criminal court? Or will it be the person that wrote them? The mere fact that she HAD her own, personal, private, email server, on a federal government network, was in and of itself an illegal act. The additional fact that it is now gone, along with the data, implies that she did indeed have something to hide there. Why else would she pull the disappearing act? She may not be convicted in a court of law, but, in the court of public opinion, she pretty much already has been. That is not going to help her campaign, and that is already showing in her slipping poll numbers.

I am of the opinion that ANY program that supports criminals in their acts, should not exist. I.E. any program that helps ILLEGAL immigrants stay in this country. If we aren't going to enforce the laws equally, what is the point of having them at all?

Well, I can see no daylight between my view of this and yours...no real surprise.. :yes:

Even though you say a better than 60% of the country won't vote for anyone, the difference with Trump running is the fact he has alienated almost every other Demographic voting group with a lot of the things he has said about people as well as his "known" policy stances on things. He has painted a very broad brush insulting so many different demographic groups. Mainly including women, Mexicans, and African Americans. Not saying people who fall under these demographic groups wouldn't vote for him but his support by these groups are so low they could be almost non-existent support.

I am curious how "hilariy's emails being investigating" does NOT imply that Hilary herself is NOT being investigated. Did those emails send themselves? Will they be charged in a criminal court? Or will it be the person that wrote them?

There is no evidence she has broke any law which is why "she" isn't under any criminal investigation. Even though a judge says Hillary Clinton's private emails violated "policy". Hilary was secretary of state, as secretary of state she basically makes the policies of which she is suppose to follow. Sure it looks bad when she isn't following her own policies but it's not really against the law that she didn't quite follow them properly. Although I do believe the way Clinton has handled this scandal so far has been rather bad.

The mere fact that she HAD her own, personal, private, email server, on a federal government network, was in and of itself an illegal act.

Having her own private server on a federal government network is not illegal act when you are Secretary of state or anyone in high office. Colin Powell had his own private server when he was still a General in the United States Army. You don't see people going after Colin Powell's emails and more then likely you would probably find more things that should be "classified" in emails when you are someone like a 4 star General in the US army.

FACT: None Of The Emails Sent To Clinton Were Labeled As "Classified" Or "Top Secret"
FACT: Emails Originated In State Dept. System, And Questions About Retroactive Classification Would Have Occurred Regardless Of Clinton's Server Use
FACT: Experts Have Debunked Any Comparison Between Clinton's Email Use And David Petraeus' Crimes because Petraeus's classified emails were being intentionally shared with people who did not have the authorization to view.
FACT: Referral To Justice Department Was Not Criminal, And FBI Isn't Targeting Clinton Herself

It's a simple fact this is all just another political witch hunt for Hilary. If it wasn't the emails the hard right would still be talking about Benghazi or be make up something else...

Edited by colourwheel