Will you be buying a new rig for skyrim

Dianadoesitbest

Ooh! Look at how the leaves rustle in that tree! That's sure to make the gameplay so much more enjoyable...

Sorry, I had to let that bit of sarcasm out.

I'm just still keeping my fingers crossed that this time around Bethesda won't be so caught up in the current trend of game developers to base their products on flashy fps-killing eye-candy covering a mediocre game. Personally, I'd be satisfied with the graphics from Morrowind as long as they give me epic quests and expansive lands and dungeons to explore. I really don't need every detail of the surrounding landscape reflected in high-def ripples in the puddle at my feet to enjoy a game and firmly believe that rendering swaying blades of grass has nothing at all to do with the quality of the game itself. Pretty high-res landscapes do not equal a great game.

But I also know all too well that it's a business intent upon turning a profit, so I think it's a safe bet that everything in Skyrim will be surrounded by that glowy HDR aura that's supposed to be so realistic despite the fact that to this day I've never seen anything in real life glow like that...

Personally I like that kind of attention to detail.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I like that kind of attention to detail.

And that's fine if that's what one feels is most important, but where RPGs are concerned my definition of "attention to detail" focuses on well-written original quests, interesting and believable characters, plenty of options for what the players can do in developing their characters and expansive and entertaining areas to explore. If a game has these things I can live without such minute landscape details that are hardly noticed during actual gameplay anyway.

I'm guessing my rig isn't cut out for it then?

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 8190MB RAM

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Display Memory: 4081 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB

I just bought my comp for around 2000$ last year. I can't believe that it won't even barely cut it for this game....

So do you think I can play Skyrim? I meant... I can jack FO3 all the way up with minor performance issues. (I really dont have money... Working on 18 credit hours of college in one semester, so I'm broke.)

IT'S GOT TO MAN, IT'S GOT TO. I'VE GOTTA HAVE MOAR SKYRIM.

Edited by Trandoshan

So do you think I can play Skyrim? I meant... I can jack FO3 all the way up with minor performance issues. (I really dont have money... Working on 18 credit hours of college in one semester, so I'm broke.)

If FO3 functions at that level, it should work.Might just have to have it on high or medium, not ultra :thumbsup:

If FO3 functions at that level, it should work.Might just have to have it on high or medium, not ultra :thumbsup:

Medium? Really? I played Oblivion on very low quality on my Windows 2000 for 4 years. In other words, my life is complete.

Medium? Really? I played Oblivion on very low quality on my Windows 2000 for 4 years. In other words, my life is complete.

I started out on very low too. This good computer I built last year was my jump into the 21st century.2000 to Windows 7.

I'm guessing my rig isn't cut out for it then?

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 8190MB RAM

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series

Display Memory: 4081 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB

I just bought my comp for around 2000$ last year. I can't believe that it won't even barely cut it for this game....

I would imagine that will be fine, if that doesn't run it then they won't be selling many copies for the PC.