Will you be buying a new rig for skyrim

Dianadoesitbest

I have bought a HD 6970 2GB

I am also buying a new rig:

Old: Nvidia GT 220 1GB DDR3 New: XFX ATI HD 6970 2GB DDR5 DX11

Old: Phenom X4 2.4Ghz New: Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz

Old: 4gb DDR2 600mhz New: 4gb DDR3 1333mhz (Will upgrade to 8 or 16)

Old: ASRock Micro ATX AM2 Mobo New: ATX AM3 Gigabyte

Old: Centurion Micro ATX Banged up New: NZXT. Lexa S ATX

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to have to, either that or get new parts, i'm still running onboard graphics. XD i would like core i7 with whatever Nvidia model they have out there next and 500g hardrive with 6g ram. preferably windows 7. i have vista now :(

Mwahahaha... I've got an Intel p. core i7 and an ATI Radeon 5870 etc... I'm eagerly awaiting the next generation processors from Intel, it'll probably kill my wallet once again D:

I also fancy the superior art of bragging about my rig on ze internetz.

same here...I guess it's about time I got Windows 7 lol. I asked for it for my birthday, so we'll see :D I'm gonna miss XP though :(

But, I won't be doing any upgrades...my computer is pretty beefy ;) Might have to get a more powerful graphics card, but I doubt it.

If you guys upgrade anything in your computers for skyrim, let it be your graphics cards.

Harddrives will always get scores of around 5 or 6, unless they're SSD's.

Ram speed isn't much of an issue, amount of ram is more of one. and it's not hard to get a few extra gigs of ram for the most part.

But more than anything, graphics cards are what a gamer should love. A standard quad or even dual core CPU will do fine if you pair it with a high end graphics card, particularly if you get one with a lot of memory on it.

I'm sure a lot of you realise already that the more graphics memory you have, the better your frames and texture draw rates will be at high resolutions.

Myself, I'm running an i5 750, 4gb ddr3, with a 1tb WD green HDD. My xfx 5770 works pretty well on the stuff I currently throw at it, and if necessary/funds allow I'll track down another 5770 1gb and maybe a new PSU in the future.

But as it is, I still should be pretty set for mid-high settings with playable frames.

Also, yay first post despite registering months ago, hah.

No upgrades, I'm already past my "scheduled" bi-annual PC upgrade. The current config will be sufficient hopefully:

Processor: Phenom II X4 955 Memory: Geil 8 GB DDR1333 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-890XA-UD3 Graphics Card:: Sapphire HD6870 1 GB DDR5

No upgrades here. I can already play Crysis just fine and that game is probably still gonna be more graphically demanding than Skyrim, However, if Skyrim's engine is optimized, then it will probably play just as smooth as Crysis 2 does on my comp(the MP demo is awesome).

That, and my quad-core Phenom will probably destroy Skyrim. :P

I

Old: Phenom X4 2.4Ghz New: Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz

ya know...you could just easily overclock your current processor to that....you wouldn't even have to get an aftermarket cooler.

I have a good feeling Skyrim will be optimized well. I watch my boyfriend play FO:NV and I'm quite surprised how they have improved on the Gamebyro engine, I'm sure their Creation Engine will be awesome :D