Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

In response to post #25798419. #25798494, #25798544 are all replies on the same post.

TheCourier13 wrote: So........who's going to port Weapons of the New Millenia for this? Looks like those guns will be right at home there. :)
Drinx wrote: Personally I was hoping for more custom fancy patchworky weapon instead of the same old AK's.
TheCourier13 wrote: I'm sure we'll both get our wish.

It should be both.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25797594. #25797784, #25798549, #25798764, #25798944, #25798999 are all replies on the same post.

UkrainianCossack wrote: Are they following existing lore or are they trying to write some new "stuff"?
Everything looked so different, like Borderlands :/
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: I highly doubt it. I know a lot of people argued about Fallout 3 being too bland and green after 200 years? The sky would have cleared up (No green tint) and the flora would have started slowly growing back. If anything this looks similar to RAGE.
lancevan wrote: You're the only other person I've seen compare it to RAGE, personally I think it looks almost the exact same lol.
jim_uk wrote: Bethesda own the RAGE engine so it's possible, if it is id Tech then modding may be a problem.
goatkiller wrote: I think it is a modified Id tech 6
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: I think it's all the textures and tinting that got me thinking of RAGE :p

God this is going to be a good year ~.~

Those trees where Brahmins were look like those from Skyrim, as well as ghouls kinda reminds of draugrs.
It must be Creation engine.

In response to post #25797594. #25797784, #25798549, #25798764, #25798944, #25798999, #25799019 are all replies on the same post.

UkrainianCossack wrote: Are they following existing lore or are they trying to write some new "stuff"?
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: I highly doubt it. I know a lot of people argued about Fallout 3 being too bland and green after 200 years? The sky would have cleared up (No green tint) and the flora would have started slowly growing back. If anything this looks similar to RAGE.
lancevan wrote: You're the only other person I've seen compare it to RAGE, personally I think it looks almost the exact same lol.
jim_uk wrote: Bethesda own the RAGE engine so it's possible, if it is id Tech then modding may be a problem.
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: I think it's all the textures and tinting that got me thinking of RAGE :p

KiCHo666 wrote: Those trees where Brahmins were look like those from Skyrim, as well as ghouls kinda reminds of draugrs.

Probably the next version of it?

In response to post #25797594. #25797784, #25798549, #25798764, #25798944, #25798999, #25799019, #25799119 are all replies on the same post.

KiCHo666 wrote: Those trees where Brahmins were look like those from Skyrim, as well as ghouls kinda reminds of draugrs.
KeltecRFB wrote: Probably the next version of it?

I've been doing a bit of reading up and Carmack said id Tech does work well with open worlds.

Hopefully we can be a Ghoul, not feral of course :P

It'd be interesting to see how NPC's react to the player being a Ghoul or going through Ghoula-fafcation . Something similar to what Skyrim did but add more racism and nastiness. The wasteland isn't a friendly place after all.

In response to post #25797794. #25798354, #25798434, #25798464, #25798514, #25798679 are all replies on the same post.

TomSawyer wrote: Old character models. OMG!
jim_uk wrote: http://i.imgur.com/H3GoOUG.png

I'm hoping the character models aren't finished or it's pre rendered because that doesn't look good.
Drinx wrote: It's bethesda we are talking about. Should be happy we don't get Oblivion models xD
KeltecRFB wrote: Remember guys, the game has to run on most rigs and not only top of the line.
jim_uk wrote: @Drinx They can use the Oblivion models for various mutants. I'm going to be positive and assume they're not finished and that's why they concentrated on the dog.
ArekkusuStorm wrote: Well, if you think about it, the opening cinematic for New Vegas was the same deal (for me at least), Benny looked plastic-y. Then I got in-game and everything looked better.

You'd rather have squeezeface than ken doll?

In response to post #25797794. #25798354, #25798434, #25798464, #25798514, #25798679, #25799184 are all replies on the same post.

TomSawyer wrote: Old character models. OMG!
jim_uk wrote: http://i.imgur.com/H3GoOUG.png

I'm hoping the character models aren't finished or it's pre rendered because that doesn't look good.
Drinx wrote: It's bethesda we are talking about. Should be happy we don't get Oblivion models xD
KeltecRFB wrote: Remember guys, the game has to run on most rigs and not only top of the line.
jim_uk wrote: @Drinx They can use the Oblivion models for various mutants. I'm going to be positive and assume they're not finished and that's why they concentrated on the dog.
ArekkusuStorm wrote: Well, if you think about it, the opening cinematic for New Vegas was the same deal (for me at least), Benny looked plastic-y. Then I got in-game and everything looked better.
StenDarker wrote: You'd rather have squeezeface than ken doll?

Pre-rendered :P Everything shall look fine.

And then the EnB/Texture MLG modders shall come forth and blow it out of the water as always.

Just awesome.

I've noticed a lot of people are bashing the Graphics and Engine already ...

Really

While yes it is 2015 and up to date graphics would be nice. I see nothing wrong with them?? Also *most* of the video is pre-rendered if I'm correct. Another thing. What's the big deal about using the same Engine? In my opinion it's a good thing. They're already familiar and have been tweaking it since.

Anyway! Very excited. XCOM:2 and Fallout 4 <3 This shall be a good year.

Sorry but you're wrong. They're not using the Creation Engine.