⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

In response to post #25798419. #25798494 is also a reply to the same post.

TheCourier13 wrote: So........who's going to port Weapons of the New Millenia for this? Looks like those guns will be right at home there. :)
Drinx wrote: Personally I was hoping for more custom fancy patchworky weapon instead of the same old AK's.

I'm sure we'll both get our wish.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25797594. #25797784 is also a reply to the same post.

UkrainianCossack wrote: Are they following existing lore or are they trying to write some new "stuff"?
Everything looked so different, like Borderlands :/
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: I highly doubt it. I know a lot of people argued about Fallout 3 being too bland and green after 200 years? The sky would have cleared up (No green tint) and the flora would have started slowly growing back. If anything this looks similar to RAGE.

You're the only other person I've seen compare it to RAGE, personally I think it looks almost the exact same lol.

In response to post #25797899. #25797934 is also a reply to the same post.

Bow6Pro wrote: Well the dog appears to be dogmeat, and I would guess the pre-war stuff is just something for the trailer not a part of the game. Anyway looks like they are definitely sticking more with the Fallout 3 atmosphere but maybe with more densely populated areas? Looks amazing. Can't wait!

Was it said somewhere that this is +200 years after fallout 3?
EDIT: Nvm I see what you were saying.
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: Finally! Perhaps we'll at last have a "Living" wasteland :P

I doubt that would have gone to all that effort creating pre-war assets just for a teaser trailer. They're almost certainly used in the game somewhere, as they could have made just a good a trailer without them.

In response to post #25797794. #25798354, #25798434, #25798464, #25798514 are all replies on the same post.

TomSawyer wrote: Old character models. OMG!
jim_uk wrote: http://i.imgur.com/H3GoOUG.png

I'm hoping the character models aren't finished or it's pre rendered because that doesn't look good.
Drinx wrote: It's bethesda we are talking about. Should be happy we don't get Oblivion models xD
KeltecRFB wrote: Remember guys, the game has to run on most rigs and not only top of the line.
jim_uk wrote: @Drinx They can use the Oblivion models for various mutants. I'm going to be positive and assume they're not finished and that's why they concentrated on the dog.

Well, if you think about it, the opening cinematic for New Vegas was the same deal (for me at least), Benny looked plastic-y. Then I got in-game and everything looked better. Edited by ArekkusuStorm

This is awesome news.

Regarding the video, is this then the Mirada production? If it is, then it may not reflect the actual game assets.

In response to post #25797594. #25797784, #25798549 are all replies on the same post.

UkrainianCossack wrote: Are they following existing lore or are they trying to write some new "stuff"?
Everything looked so different, like Borderlands :/
BillNyeTheScienceGuy wrote: I highly doubt it. I know a lot of people argued about Fallout 3 being too bland and green after 200 years? The sky would have cleared up (No green tint) and the flora would have started slowly growing back. If anything this looks similar to RAGE.
lancevan wrote: You're the only other person I've seen compare it to RAGE, personally I think it looks almost the exact same lol.

Bethesda own the RAGE engine so it's possible, if it is id Tech then modding may be a problem.