Fallout 4 announced with teaser trailer

Dark0ne

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25806964.

hector530 wrote: I wish BGS would just lie about the graphics like every other devs and just use bullshots for the trailers that way everyone's happy and by the time the game releases no one cares.

Like the witcher......

This trailer is several months old as well.

If the player character will have a voice, then making custom quest mods where the player has to respond verbally might be akward.

Unless, ofcourse, Bethesda has actually made a revolutionary text-to-speech system for all its "voice acting".

In response to post #25807244.

numgun wrote: If the player character will have a voice, then making custom quest mods where the player has to respond verbally might be akward.

Unless, ofcourse, Bethesda has actually made a revolutionary text-to-speech system for all its "voice acting".

I don't mind the voice.... as long as it's optional. Bethesda has to have a way for modders to make their quests and not be awkward. They could just skip the way you communicate back and make it go automatically to someone else talking.

Watched it several times and get goosebumps every single time! I just hope they learn the mistakes of the past and not make gameplay so linear like they did with Skyrim.

As for people complaining about graphics, if we are seeing in-game content you have nothing to complain about. You can't compare to games like GTA or Witcher because this game will have better collision and havok which is worth potential loss in graphics, in gameplay terms.

the back and forth about a game that all we have to go on is one cinematic trailer and some piecemeal information from three years ago is not enough to go on, before we start debating if this game kills the series.

"Who are you, that do not know your history?" - Ulysses

When Skyrim was announced some people decried it as a step back, how the Elder Scrolls had died, and that wasn't the case. With the exception of the hardcore, fundamentalist like groups of fans from previous titles who tend to be unyielding in their opinions.

Same discussion when Fallout 3 was announced and the dame after New Vegas showed up.

As long as the game is:

- moddable / mod friendly

- an improvement over the older games

then you can chalk it up as a success and everything is peoples personal preferences and opnions, which is Bethesda catered to then we would still be in the dark until 2077 before we heard anything, and by then the bombs will have dropped.

Now with that being said...and me being surprised no one else posted it....

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag55/BrokenCycle3434/shut_up_and_take_my_bottlecaps__by_mistawolfy-d5ajang_zpstkduyejv.png

In response to post #25806069.

I don't think that there will be a predefined protagonist because we always got the option to make our own character in the Fallout series and after all the options that Skyrim offered regarding the character creation they wont just erase this process of creating your own and unique character.

But still the fact that the "protagonist" in the video spoke is quite troublesome. Hopefully it was only for the video and not the game.

I hope you're right. I'm just thinking about games like Dragon Age: Origins for example, it was possible to create a character of any race, any name, and wear any outfit. Then in DA2, the character became fully voiced and it was possible to only create a human race character named Hawke who could only wear certain outfits. So sometimes game developers do go backwards.

I don't dislike fully-voiced characters, but sometimes the voice doesn't fit the personality I envisioned for my character. If the character has to be fully voiced, I hope there is at least some choice in voice as in Saints Row games.