The last movie you watched thread

HellsMaster

Blast from the Past 1999 Ever wonder what it would be like to be born in a fallout shelter your father built. Just your father and mother and you spend 35 years together there while you're growing.

• 3 weeks later...

Opened a page that came up while I was searching for more tales of Arabian Nights and found the Quora.

It threw cold water in my face. Read that page and all my wonder goes out with the three men cursed to be swans during the day that were returned to being men at night. Woe!

Quora about 1001 Arabian Nights.

Read no further, unless you just can't resist.

I used to watch movies to see how they compared to the authors of the books.

The first ever movie I saw after I read the book that kept to the book in so many details; made all futures movies I saw timid attempts at trying to get the authors mind set from their novel.

Don't read the Exorcist novel if you're a movie buff and don't watch the movie The Exorcist if you prefer to read. You will be paying twice for the same everything.

The last movie I watched I watched because of the story within a story and stories told by story tellers all about... You probably guessed, about the importance of stories in our lives.

A Hallmark Movie version of; Arabian Nights.

I just took an Internet Trip without any other aid then Google Search. I knew there was one more version of Arabian Nights, made a long time ago. I didn't know that it wasn't the only other one though.

Four of them and I stopped counting.

Instead I started looking at all the version stories from the book I found on the bookshelf. 1001 stories of Arabian Nights.

There's a bit of background about the 1001 stories I didn't know about. Two different people telling stories. One telling it to an audience, (which I even did a little of at parties) and the other story teller was a woman whose life was on the line if she didn't tell her husband another story until...

Was it a woman's real experience in life back in time? What would they call that story??? A horror/romance?

Is it possible that before our civilized world in the U. S. of A. started making Disney Movies there were people like that?

I don't know for sure!

Believe me when I say; I am not going to build a time machine to go back and find out!

This version got into my life, and it's stayed... A Hallmark Movie (version of); Arabian Nights.

You want a flying machine! So we can fly around and have drinks and they can serve us peanuts! Maybe we should stick to the money?

• 1 month later...

Around the World in 80 days (1956)

Amazing! Traveling was so slooooow compared to 2022.

After watching The Island of Doctor Moreau my Halloween memories led me back along the passages of time into the white mouse's hosted Independent living spaces under someone's laboratory where even some other animals escaped to too to found their own colony with their own human traits and sentient worth; where they know humans of some tempers oh so well... only too well... The Secret of NIMH

Just watched the Matrix 4... What a horrible movie... It turns out the brothers are better writers than the sisters..

Yes! Matrix 4 is different. In fact it was so much more focused on logic from a feminine point of view.

:D

I can see how the times have changed after watching it. I see how our travels are sped up even more in our lives on freeways at 80 MPH.

Around the World in 80 days has sight seeing from a balloon, slow moving trains, steam powered ships able to do 13 Nautical miles an hour while ships with sails could get up to 22 Knots with a good wind, waiting for buffalo to cross the rails, and a variety of distractions from people in many different places.

Traveling on a freeway with 2 lanes east and 2 lanes west through the canyon nearby taking in the views at 80 miles an hour gives the scenic views bit of a blur. Unless of I have had an Espresso' with Salted Caramel Cocoa before I launched; then it seems at 80 mph all is well matched for good viewing.

You might want to watch "Around the World in 80 Days (1956)" during a bad weather day in the afternoon while you are more alert. :sleep:

• 1 month later...

The Blacklight!

As Halloween nears the creepiness of evil gives us an artificial sense of having something that would change our game for our own good. It would tend to be how you live life.

Even a DJinn or a Genies might not want to come out of the lamp knowing there are people who created a movie as scary as this one. The end of all those evil criminal minds all living in a city like Gotham when one man gets something he finds by an accident of chance.

You might want to move into your panic room immediately after you watch this one. Muwah ha ha haaa!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooo! The movie has lots of Eye Candy! Perfect for adult Halloween watching.

awesome sounds like a interesting movie.

Did you watch The Blacklight sharon1?

Last movie I watched had the woman from Doctor Strange, when he was just a really good medical doctor.

Next on my list after Halloween :

3000 Years of Yearning.

Finally! A movie that has more going on then just the lucky person who found the Genie in the bottle. I still prefer the TV series over all the movies. I think I should get a WayBack Machine. Oops! Not that one. Mr. Peabody and Sherman is the way I want to go back in time, only, not with the calamity that often occurs. Then maybe I could see a comparison of the way people live now and how it was. Now that I am better educated. I Dream of Genie