Share your desktop screenies!

HellsMaster

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, some clutter is necessary. I couldn't live without a link to the Data folder on my desktop.

Those of you with cleared desktop probably have a start menu with 50 pins to it. And look at that task bar! Tsk-tsk. All those icons.

Now, some clutter is necessary. I couldn't live without a link to the Data folder on my desktop.

Those of you with cleared desktop probably have a start menu with 50 pins to it. And look at that task bar! Tsk-tsk. All those icons.

My data folders are set as a favourites and only take a couple of clicks to access, tidy and functional is possible. :cool:

here's a screenie of my main rig's screens :whistling:

running duel monitors...or should i say lcd tv and monitor, main is a 37" LG lcd and the secondary (right) is a 25.5" lcd

also running multiple laptops with secondary screens.

Older emachine with a 19" lcd and a 19" old school monitor

Newer custom build with 19" wide screen

And a custom storage tower with 6 TB of storage....ya i know but i keep everything! :tongue:

Maybe ill take some shots of my whole setup...gotta clean up a bit first :tongue:

Daynox

what is multimon?

i use Display Fusion, it allows all kinds of things..

eg different backgrounds with duel monitors

One photo spread onto both screens..

repositioning and scaling of the images

can randomly change the back ground image from any folder...

all kinds of neat stuff ^_^

http://i54.tinypic.com/9un7mv.jpg

There are ways to deal with shortcuts. I started doing this years ago (blame my husband's desktop tidiness for rubbing off on me LOL)

http://i54.tinypic.com/140vlsn.jpg

I just don't really like having to click too many times to access programs. I prefer instead to put the most used things right onto the desktop (Except files, I never store those these) and prune the unused icons once in a while.

I'll take a look at DisplayFusion.

http://i51.tinypic.com/14v8uxo.png

Cleaned version without "Fences" when not attached to my external monitor for doing digital art.

My latest Fallout-related graphic ended up looking kinda nice as a background image, so what the heck...why not. :P

Edited by AliasTheory

• 3 weeks later...