I'm going to begin training as a police reservist

Stampede

Hi everyone

Just a bit of news for you. About 2 months ago I applied as a position as a police reservist. Reservists are civilians who undergo training and act as a police officers in their spare time. I have to put in at least 16 hours a month.

After about 6-8 months of training, I will get issued my uniform and firearm. Then I'll be hitting the streets and taking on our local scum.

I won't lie, it's a feeling right now of nervousness and excitement. Lots of nervousness. Also, had to sign a clause stating that I could be called up at anytime for full time duties during riots and such.

Wish me luck. (This should not affect my online time too much, as I will still be working my normal job as well.)

I can't say for sure. I too would prefer not to. Besides which, anytime I would cause a fatal injury to a suspect, a case of murder would be opened automatically against me. It's procedure. Of course, it gets cleared if the officer was found to be acting in his rightful capacity. However, the questioning and the paperwork is hell.

By law our cops are allowed to kill anyone who points a firearm at them, however the reprisals can be monumental and very stressful.

I'll be sure to put a picture up of me in my uniform in 6 months. Our uniforms are more military themed than the usual cop uniforms you see on TV.

I know. Now I'm going to be an online/offline cop and tackle flamers and trolls in real life. ;D

Good luck with that, and have fun be careful. And please, don't turn into your avatar! That's just... Ugly.

Archived