Two Worlds II

ginnyfizz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got too far into it ATM. But so far it looks good and runs smoothly. Controls are relatively easy to master, leaving you able to concentrate on exploration and following the questlines. Beware, some fairly early on monsters are pretty tough at lower levels. And the mods available to play as a female are rather buggy, so you are stuck with your male.

Was gonna wait and buy it when it was cheaper but I got bored and paid Game.co.uk a visit.

The rundown so far:

The storyline - aint too good but it aint too shabby, nothing we haven't seen before type thing.

Graphics - pretty good but theres a but, the game didn't like my 5970 quadfire, didn't get better than 60 fps and hit as low as 28 fps, I took a 5970 out of my rig and It's now cruising at a steady 80 fps all settings maxed so I can't quite work that one out as just one 5970 still means crossfire, weird.

Voice acting - AAAARRRGGHH

Charactor & NPC animations - good grief, someone wants a slap, some of the fighting moves are ok but general movements leave much to be desired, wooden arms and legs, lousy character stance and when NPC's speak to your charactor the lipsync is like watching a goldfish blub blub blub away in a bowl, even in between sentences an NPC's lips keep blub blubing away, awful.

Charactor control - clunky at best and fighting is a button mash, bows and spells have auto targeting which to me takes away the fun of trying to hit something, turn the auto targeting off and the yukky camera makes hitting anything a PITA, so I'm sticking with my sword.

Camera control - as above, yuk.

Couple all this with the ineptness of the publishers and the oh so many long delays for the actual release of this game and I'm gonna give it 4 out of 10

A couple of screens for you.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/M4rt/Odds/TwoWorlds2_DX10_2011_03_06_02_28_06_980.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/M4rt/Odds/TwoWorlds2_DX10_2011_03_06_02_47_46_805.jpg

It isn't buggy, not that I've seen, except if you use the play as a female mod which does some seriously funny things.

Thanks for you help, I'm downloading it now. I'm still fairly skeptical but there is nothing else out there that looks any good at the moment. Most web sites rate it around 7.5 and usually anything over a 7 is worth a try when it comes to RPGs.

The graphics look nice, I was just about to order it when I saw your post Marthos, now I am less sure. Have you had many bugs?

Don't worry, for all my dislikes so far the one thing I will say is that it seems pretty stable, no crashes or freezes so far and I've clocked up quite a few hours.

Bet you get a giggle out of the goldfish mouth animations.

Also, seeing as the scenery is nice, if you want to take screenshots without your charactor in them, hit "Enter" to open the console and type "graph.drawhero 0" (without the quotes) and hit enter again. Your charactor is still there but invisible, I tried this for a first person view while playing but your charactor is still a few feet in front of your viewpoint so it kinda doesn't work very well, but ok for screennies. To make your charactor visible again type "graph.drawhero 1"

By the way, the Anistropy setting in the in game graphics settings is useless, set it to zero and set your anistropic filtering level in your graphics card settings. Also, set the ingame AA to on as whatever you set your AA to in your graphics card setting doesn't make any difference in game, for ATI ccc anyway.

Bet you get a giggle out of the goldfish mouth animations.

There bad but not nearly as bad as the arm gestures during conversations, just horrible animations while they are talking. That aside it is actually a fun game so far and has some nice visuals. Now if I can just find that house I won horse racing. o_O

Got to a section of the game last night where all of a sudden, those arm gestures got faster, think it was done to show that the characters were vexed about something, but it looked like an old movie speeded up.

Story line is getting better the further in I get though.

Edited to add:

Just completed the main quest tonight, not going to let any spoilers out just now, but lets see if you or Ginny think the same as me when you finish it.

Though the good news is that you can play on after the main quest completes.

• 1 month later...

I've been following this one since I first heard it was coming back in August of 2010. I'm just dumbfounded at how badly this release has been managed from a retail standpoint. Every store in my area had promo boxes on the shelves in September 2010. Then they vanished. They came back again in December. Vanished again. Then they showed up in February, promising an end of month release - this after Topware themselves said the US version would be out January 4 2011. Then the boxes vanished AGAIN.

I went online after I got fed up with retailers being unable to find anything out. I feel sorry for them, they've all been left totally clueless. I ran across the story about them losing their container shipment. No details of course so people speculated on everything from one of them falling off the ship to the entire ship itself sinking in the Atlantic. Uh huh. So they're expecting us to believe ALL of their copies were on that one ship?

Still, even with all that, nobody knew WTF was going on. Retailers stopped caring. To this day, Best Buy, EBGames, Fry's, Target, Wal-Mart, and even Gamestop haven't been told if there's going to be a retail release in the US. But it shows up on Steam as having been released Feb 4 2011. Of course, I refuse to deal with Steam.

Now Gamestop's website is listing the "Royal Edition" for $60 USD. It's the only place I've been able to find that even stocks a physical copy of any version for the PC. Mysteriously, it seems Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were in fact shipped in January but the in-store retailers still know nothing about it.

So I dunno, all this coupled with that rather disturbing piece done by Destructoid has me wondering if it would be worth ordering it from Gamestop now that one can actually do so. I liked the first one, it had plenty of interesting features that made the game fun. I just have serious reservations about giving a company like this money when they're obviously lying to everyone about it.