The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... I've heard that the Poles weren't happy with their CE. DLC's not working properly, failed activations, busts cheaply made. I'll wait for a bit too.

First patch out....

Several major balance fixes (economy and fight)

On screen fixes (items descriptions, journal etc.)

Audio mix fixes

Several audio areas, music, cutscene fixes and added better sounds

Many UI fixes (functional, smoother and more user friendly ex. inventory items selection)

Many fixes to quests, quests markers

Visual fixes to fade outs, blackscreens in scenes, cutscenes

Many community fixes - work, npc’s life

Big opponents fights balance and fixes

Many cutscenes fixes - animations, items, lipsync

Gamepad fixes - playing gamepad is now much better

Camera fixes - collisions with objects, collisions with npc’s, combat camera improvements

Some hair physics fixes

Minor QTE fixes

Several locations fixes - objects collisions, envoirements improvements, lights, effects

Crafting, shops, alchemy improvements

Added new autosaves in important places (ex. before fight with Letho, Arachas, Draug)

Some random crashes fixes

Dice poker improvements - logic bugs fixes

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/1st_patch_changelog_here/page1

while trying to find a review for witcher 2 debating whether to get it or not. i find an a page about Triss Merigold being on the cover on Russian playboy, A Ukrainian model known as Klodi Monsoon is playing the part of Triss Merigold. may not be a review but its great find imo. id link it but my pretty sure it'd get banned since it has nudity.

EDIT; if you bought it in steam would it at least download some of the game right now wouldnt it?

Edited by hector530

Is it only me who thinks taking down the official forums 2 days before the release of the game (don't think they're back up yet) is utterly ridiculously DUMB? Two Wolds 2 publishing type DUMB?

I pre-ordered it yesterday on Steam for 45 euro, and 2 hours later I noticed that at GOG.com it is cheaper (45$) , and you get to pre-load and get avatars, wallpapers and other stuff WITH the digital deluxe content.

Damn you Steam!

and it is also unlocked later than GoG and you have to share the bandwidth with Fables 3 and LA Noire

and buying from GoG means all the money goes to the developers since they are sister companies

Edited by Kayvaan7472

I am less than impressed after reading on that forum that I will have to wait until after 8am BST to download the rest of the game, which effectively means that I am not going to be able to do it until I get home from work, seeing as I power off and go to work round about 8am. To me, release date of 17th should mean midnight tonight. By the time I've done downloading the rest of the game and patching it, it could be midnight tomorrow.

Is it only me who thinks taking down the official forums 2 days before the release of the game (don't think they're back up yet) is utterly ridiculously DUMB? Two Wolds 2 publishing type DUMB?

No you're not, this is absolutely ridiculous.... http://www.en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/6/ people are going to end up with two accounts.

@ginny What makes it even worse is that pirates are already playing it so we're being made to wait for no reason at all.