Fix for Skyrim crashing instantly with enb on Windows 10

williamlee

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fixed mine by going to my C:\Windows\System32 and looking for the d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll. Copy those and paste them in your main Skyrim folder (NOT the Data folder.) Game launched for me just fine with SKSE and ENB on Windows 10. ((Sorry if this was already mentioned.))

ooooo - this thread might have just tipped the see-saw of indecision I've had whether to stick with my trusty old win 7 64 bit OS or move to Win 10 before the free upgrade period ends soon. I think I'll be keeing my Win 7...

ooooo - this thread might have just tipped the see-saw of indecision I've had whether to stick with my trusty old win 7 64 bit OS or move to Win 10 before the free upgrade period ends soon. I think I'll be keeing my Win 7...

Don't blame Windows 10 for this.

To quote enbseries (Boris): "Any problems -> go to ms forums and report, i do not support win8 and above and don't care about that s#*!. Nothing personal."

So with ENB you are using a product on a platform unsupported by it's author. Works for some, not for others.

I have been very happy for the last year with Windows 10 - and no ENB.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that works for is using enb 262, 279 kept crashing on Win10, also can't get dof to work but everything else runs great with about 40+ mods, also as others have reported purewaters did not play well, but real water 2 does so I'm using that, also can't get any grass mods to work, but no biggie.

I passed the last 2 hours trying to solve this problem after doing a clean install of the windows10 and a clean install of the skyrim and following the S.T.E.P moding guide i stoped in the part of installing the ENBBOOST because of this error. Thank you so much for sharing you solution with us!

"Don't blame Windows 10 for this.

To quote enbseries (Boris): "Any problems -> go to ms forums and report, i do not support win8 and above and don't care about that s***. Nothing personal."

So with ENB you are using a product on a platform unsupported by it's author. Works for some, not for others.

I have been very happy for the last year with Windows 10 - and no ENB."

Once MS has enough people on Win10, they plan on switching to a SUBSCRIPTION-based purchasing plan for Win10 and beyond. That means monthly payments to keep using the OS installed on your PC.

Boris refuses to do a DAMN thing that helps MS get away with that crap...as should everyone. Personally, Win7 is the last MS OS I plan on using--the moment I'm extorted by MS, it's Linux time. 'Nuf said.

IMHO, Kudos to Boris. He's my kinda guy--I'd buy him a beer if I could.

Bug