⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Have we been betrayed?

oldgiza

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't advertising though. It isn't content being served to your computer in a way that you know it's there. These are invisible beacons that track what you do on the website, and store it in some database somewhere. Infinitely creepier than ads.

Facebook Connect detects if you have logged into Facebook, like ever, and then ties your Facebook account with every page you navigate to. Crazy Egg tracks everything you do on the website, like a keylogger.

It hardly a secret that cookies are used to track people, the simple answer is don't let them, there are plenty of ways to stop it. And as I've already said, if you don't give the likes of Google your real name they can't actually link anything to you personally. This is all the personal information I've given Facebook

http://puu.sh/jWPCm/bd9089172d.png

It hardly a secret that cookies are used to track people, the simple answer is don't let them, there are plenty of ways to stop it. And as I've already said, if you don't give the likes of Google your real name they can't actually link anything to you personally. This is all the personal information I've given Facebook

Now they are admitting Imperial Stormtroopers to Star Fleet Academy?? ....damn...first Klingons now this.

Now they are admitting Imperial Stormtroopers to Star Fleet Academy?? ....damn...first Klingons now this.

It'll end in tears, mark my words.

It'll end in tears, mark my words.

Of Joy or Sorrow? Or is it all the same in the end?

• 5 weeks later...

Its interesting that AdBlock have now started letting 'approved' ads through.

you can manually block all ads still. the reason for this is that AdBlock doesnt want to be a bad guy because lots of people need the ad revenue to run their sites. AdBlock was made to block obtrusive ads initially. also a lot of sites have anti-AdBlock sofetware.

Its interesting that AdBlock have now started letting 'approved' ads through.

you can manually block all ads still. the reason for this is that AdBlock doesnt want to be a bad guy because lots of people need the ad revenue to run their sites. AdBlock was made to block obtrusive ads initially. also a lot of sites have anti-AdBlock sofetware.

This is all partly why I uninstalled my AdBlock(ers)... But perhaps the problem lies within the fact that such intrusive ads exist in the first place?