Crytek screwed the PC Community

HellsMaster

Got your back on that halo!

Frankly I stopped reading the "I hate it posts" a long time ago because most of the people who post them havent even played the game or demo.

I get so sick of hearing "my cousin who doesnt even own the game played it for thirty seconds on his IBM and it didnt workWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!!!" I've played it cover to cover, and the only flaw I could see was that the stortyline was... all over the place. But even then, the plot was a bit... funky I still hugely enjoyed the singleplayer, and adored having an FPS experience with such superlative controls, no autoaim, and that was more than 5 hours long.

I dont see what people expected this to be, it's an FPS not a re-invention of the wheel, so dont expect it to be, review it as an FPS and compared it to other FPS rather than God and you might be able to see it for the gem it really is. The only thing better than the SP, which is itself great, is the MP, which is stellar. Very tactical, you really do find yourself trying to out-think rather than out-gun your oponent here, and the health, damage, accuracy, and combat dynamics are dialed in to a fine art. I stepped into the multiplayer, a total scrub, and managed to kill a rank-capped player by catching him unawares.

It's a much more thought-requiring game than say... COD. You cant "just camp" or "just snipe" you really do have to stay mobile, because this really does feel like a supersoldier brawl rather than ten year olds with shotguns. Like I said earlier, tthe controls are superlative, my copy is PC but like with most FPS I used a gamepad, your two mode switches fit neatly into the Shoulder Buttons, with the D-pad changing functions via a radial quickchange window. Back brings up customisation. it's also so damn responsive and nuaned... i found myself able to snipe fairly easily with only a Reflex sight it's got such lovely handling. if anything the controls remind me a LOT of Halo CE, with the use of vibration and inertia to excellent effect.

It's Crysis 2 in the way of Farcry 2 following Instincts Predator, but it's still a stunningly good shooter, and one of the most enjoyable, well rounded FPS I've played in many a year. Just gotta use a stomper of a PC, and most criticaly, a gamepad. Does the reliance on a gamepad screw over the pc community? I consider myself a PC puritan, and I feel like I've been done a service, not a dishonour.

Does the reliance on DX-9c screw the pc gaming community over? depends on whether the PC gaming community is in a bad mood and wants a fight! IMHO I think it's a stunningly pretty game on PC, you can be a hater all you like mate, but for me, pretty graphics on DX9 are still pretty graphics...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, somebody who agrees with me! The people who complain are probably the same people who would've complained that the game changed nothing had it been Crysis 1 with a new setting and different storyline.

And those who complain about it being a console port (which I find no problem with, as the game is perfectly playable on PC), stop blaming the developers and blame the state the PC gaming community is in. If PC gamers aren't pirating games, they're finding something to whine about. I wouldn't want to cater for the PC market if I were a game developer.

Played it at my friends house and well the graphics were... well not Crysis. I thought that Bad Company 2 had better graphics than the ones I saw. So I'll pass on this one. I never been crazy over graphics but its crysis not an average FPS, yet it looked like one. I am going to pass on this...

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy playing the game, but it aint no Crysis

I played through Crysis and Warhead again just recently for the umpteenth time, still enjoyed em, but Crysis 2 is now uninstalled and in my "old games drawer".

And then there's the bullschlist that Crytek dished out about it going to be a visual treat when they knew all along that it was going to be a console port, the easiest way to alienate your customers is to lie to them.

And then there's this, people still waiting to play the game a fortnight after purchase because Crytek can't fix a crossfire bug.

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=10994

Leaves you feeling very :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: as I had to put an old graphics card back in my rig to play the game or I'd still be waiting too.

Oh come on, surely you can come up with a better reason than that!

I guess some people will just find a something to complain about regardless. "It's a console port" Well Marthos, let me enlighten you: Crytek infact does not like the PC crowd very much. They produced a series of press releases during early development saying that, infact they would refuse any order to make Crysis 2 for PC. Cervat Yerli himself stated that after the rampant piracy of the first Crysis, they wouldnt make C-2 for PC even if EA ordered them to. Development was always as a console game, intending to make it the Crysis of consoles, a game to push DX9 above and beyond anything anyone thought possilb,e and I think it succeeded at that, for this reason it is infact, a console port. And what's the shame in that eh? that RPG you all bang on about, Mass Effect is a console port, so's Oblivion and Fallout 3. Personaly I think you lot would hate this game even if it was the greatest game ever created, some folks just have unreachable expectations.

Guys this is Crytek, they've got a funny way of doing sequals, if you'd played the FarCry games you'd not be expecting a direct sequal, Crytek just doesnt do direct sequals.

And anyway, it's an excellent game, so why the heck are you people throwing it across the room in ragequit style over some "but it's not what I expected" complaint? good games are good games, gotta accept them for that! I hate Just Cause' rusty electronic guts, but I still logged 39 hours in that tripe of a game because it was FUN! It was the worst game ever, but it was FUN, you lot all seem to have forgoten that concept in your haste to be activists. Play good games, they're fun, activism is for when your not working in downtime.

I don't need better reasons than that.

35 quid of my money means I want a game that will have me coming back to play it again.

Having to install one of my old graphic cards and have a 6990 sat in its box in order to play a brand new game release is shocking, even more shocking when a fortnight later the crossfire/sli bug still hasn't been fixed and not a word or an apology from Crytek to the many people that have paid their money and can't play the game, thats appalling. There's 88 pages on that thread about it on the Crysis forums and nothing forthcoming from Crytek, don't tell me that doesn't stink because it does.

I know you like the game Vin, but have a look at it from some one else's point of view, lucky for me I had an old graphics card I could chuck in so that I could play the game, others don't, disablng crossfire means you can play the game but if you have a dual GPU card your goosed, as you can't disable crossfire on a dual GPU card. I'd like to have seen the look on your face if you had been in the same boat.

As for Crytek not liking the PC crowd very much, TOUGH.

I didn't pirate their games, infact I bought Crysis twice, and I bought Warhead and now I've bought Crysis 2, you take my money, then you deliver the goods or you don't get anymore.

Reason I drop out because of graphics is because well what makes this game special?

Nano-suits, not super creative

Unlocking system, implemented in many games already

what exactly makes this game better than something like Call of Duty or Bad Company 2.

You really want me to respond to that Anton?

Graphics: Best in genre on console. period.

Gameplay: Unusual, doesnt play like other games in class, excellent MP balance, excellent SP.

Reliability: Owned it for three weeks, not one crash, freeze, or even slowdown, runs fine on my machine on maximum settings, is MUCH prettier than previous game when on full max settings.

Controls: Superlative.

Technology: An incredible achievment using outdated tech, only Dx9 but able to take it to Dx10 games with relative ease, very machine friendly provided you arent using an SLI rig and lets face it most of us dont.

Then go play your Call Of Duty Anton. By all means, we arent trying to make you like Crysis 2, but how about you show us a little respect and let us like Crysis 2? A wise man can like one game without having to bash on all others.

Edited by Vindekarr

but how about you show us a little respect and let us like Crysis 2 ?

How about you show us a little respect and not bash us for having our opinions of the game.

If I wanted to play console games, I'd buy a console.

You are rather scathing with your posts Vin.