Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

Ok just bought a new computer it has a large HDD but a small SSD card, the shop loaded Win 7 on the SSD card which I want to use for games, likley will move Win 7 to the main HDD. I had Steam load Skyrim onto the main HDD for now With 0.60 can I load it to the Steam libary instead of under "Programs"?

Edited by Colinpark

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

installed new nmm version.

nmm version uninstalls all mods on my fo3 installation and crashes halfway thru the process.

something is really broken now to the point that i´m unable to get FO3 to run without a serious time investment ( talking of 3 to 4 hrs min) with the same mods.

Thank you not.

I´m really pissed of and instead of playing a few hours in the wasteland i wisely uninstalled nmm, because several modded games depend on it to run stable. which it doesn´t.

No, i´m not in the mood to help the devs with logs etc., not now.

*very unhappy*

It did not work for me, but I just reinstalled all of my mods after the failed attempt (a little over 200). The program is working fine now so no big deal.

And people losing it because someone gave them a FREE program to use and the FREE program didn't work flawlessly?... Kinda sad.

I wasn't happy with the update, but only because nothing warned me that it was that major when the update prompt popped up, seemed like any other update prompt. Maybe a BIGGER warning with the popup next time would help.

Tanks for the Nexus site, thanks for the work on NMM.

Being forced to download the last version prior of NMM the 0.6 series. They've gotten progressively buggier with uninstalling mods to the point where it doesn't do it anymore. Tried to post several tracelogs in several different ways, and the site just times out.

Pity. Please fix this sh*t. And yes, I've donated to this site.

In response to post #28986504.

bben46 wrote:

The problem with 'rough' bug reports is they may not be put into the bug tracking system, and if they are not in the system, they are not really bug reports at all. The entire purpose of having a bug report system is to track and document the bugs - Bug reports are categorized as to severity and a few other categories so the devs will know what bugs are affecting the most people and what bugs are causing the biggest problems and which are just, "I wish it did this instead of that." And the most important, when a bug is resolved and removed from the list. Real bug reports are in a format that the devs can use and track. Acting on rough bug reports is like squeaky wheel maintenance - the one that squeaks the loudest gets all the attention while the quiet but far more important problem gets overlooked. :rolleyes:

If you want your bug to be taken seriously, first it MUST be posted in the bug tracker instead of just somewhere on a forum where it can easily be lost. See this post on "how to report bugs." :thumbsup:

As for communicating - If the devs spend all their time informing each person that submits a report of what they are doing on that particular problem, they won't have time to actually work on the problem. :pinch: The only reason a dev should have for contacting you is to get more information. Look for bug resolutions in the bug fixes that are put out with each release. Just because you don't see your bug being fixed instantly or a message from a dev that it is being looked into doesn't mean it is not important, it just means that a fix is not available yet. Some things take longer to fix. :smile:

For those who don't know, Moderators are not devs. And we really don't know any more about what bugs are being worked on than you. :blush:

Edit: definition of Devs - developers, these are the guys that work in the background programming stuff. Without them there would be no NMM or new features on the Nexus. :dance:

Clear communication is hugely important, if you're not achieving it then your devs aren't using the right bug tracking software or they aren't using it correctly.

Is there somewhere available where we can get an earlier version of NMM? For some reason, and totally unlike myself, I didn't save the earlier download someplace safe. I don't use NMM for any of the Fallout games or Dragon Age, but I did for Skyrim.

As this new version was reinstalling my 96 Skyrim mods, it closed due to an error with something to do with Dark Souls at about mod # 42. I don't even have Dark Souls. And right now I don't have the time to be patient enough to try to troubleshoot this issue. So the upshot of it is, I completely uninstalled this new version and won't use it.

However, such extreme and illogical behavior of death threats and hate mail is pretty reprehensible and immature--and you're right, stupid.

*edit* Found a previous version and installed it, so I'm a happy camper again. :D

*second edit* Wasn't quite so happy when I discovered I had to completely uninstall and reinstall Skyrim though. However, it's done now, after 3 hours. Phew.

Edited by FastBlackCat

In response to post #28986504.

bben46 wrote:

The problem with 'rough' bug reports is they may not be put into the bug tracking system, and if they are not in the system, they are not really bug reports at all. The entire purpose of having a bug report system is to track and document the bugs - Bug reports are categorized as to severity and a few other categories so the devs will know what bugs are affecting the most people and what bugs are causing the biggest problems and which are just, "I wish it did this instead of that." And the most important, when a bug is resolved and removed from the list. Real bug reports are in a format that the devs can use and track. Acting on rough bug reports is like squeaky wheel maintenance - the one that squeaks the loudest gets all the attention while the quiet but far more important problem gets overlooked. :rolleyes:

If you want your bug to be taken seriously, first it MUST be posted in the bug tracker instead of just somewhere on a forum where it can easily be lost. See this post on "how to report bugs." :thumbsup:

As for communicating - If the devs spend all their time informing each person that submits a report of what they are doing on that particular problem, they won't have time to actually work on the problem. :pinch: The only reason a dev should have for contacting you is to get more information. Look for bug resolutions in the bug fixes that are put out with each release. Just because you don't see your bug being fixed instantly or a message from a dev that it is being looked into doesn't mean it is not important, it just means that a fix is not available yet. Some things take longer to fix. :smile:

For those who don't know, Moderators are not devs. And we really don't know any more about what bugs are being worked on than you. :blush:

Edit: definition of Devs - developers, these are the guys that work in the background programming stuff. Without them there would be no NMM or new features on the Nexus. :dance:

Clear communication is hugely important, if you're not achieving it then your devs aren't using the right bug tracking software or they aren't using it correctly.

It's not the devs who are not using the tracking software, it's those users that absolutely refuse to submit a real bug report and insist that the devs should just dig through the 3 to 5 hundred posts that pass through daily to find the complaints and rants they think are the same thing as reporting bugs. But in reality have none of the information needed for a bug report. We constantly ask them to please post their problem in the bug report forum. Some do, many just don't bother. And others are nothing but rants with no interest in actually helping fix the problem they are ranting about. Many of our users are completely unfamiliar with how bug fixing really works, and have no interest in learning. Often what they are submitting as a bug report is nothing more than, "IT'S BROKE!!! FIX IT - NOW!!!"

I get why you did this, but for the users it's pretty awful. I didn't become a lifetime member to support such clumsy and user unfriendly ways of handling this.

Please consider the user experience more seriously in the future.

Edited by Zircs