Female Power Armor

cedaie

Who said it would be a military creation pre-war or post-war? Might be someone that decided to tinker with the outer shell of a PA suit they found/owned.

Female raider boss whose managed to put together a more female looking suit for themselves, or someone from a PA modder group/gang like the Atom Cats. Except they do more than ability modifications and paintjobs.

Some like the wanderer/survivor that's taken to the notion of a new suit design just for something different.

What he said.

And people, this is modding, who cares about realism most of the time in modding? If you want it, you can make it and it not against the rules just do it!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just DO IT! Why is it every time someone mentions female power armor or female soldiers etc in a fictional setting, some guy has to come in and gently remind everyone why it shouldn't exist. As if the idea of it threatens them somehow. #masculintysofragile

Anyways yes but like Crimson said, it would probably need brand new animations to make sense. Also TVD is right on, it could be a specialized creation, like the Mechanist armor or even an all female raider/gunner/merc gang that appropriated some technology for their own use.

I am always in favor of new armors. Hell, even a person that thinks its not realistic could find a use for it. Have a bombed out comic-con type event, and stash a suit there. Cos-play fallout style! Or throw it in a military enlistment booth (To lure in suckers!)

• 1 month later...

Alright, so straight up, if you guys play female characters in Beth games, like me, you're probably disinterested in the bulky power armor showcased for Fallout 4.

There seems to be a lot of focus around power armor and although I wouldn't say you're required to use it, there's a plethora of tactical advantages present in being a wasteland Tony Stark.

I missed out modding for Skyrim, so I'm trying to jump in early and start getting creative for FO4. I'm currently drawing up some concept art ideas for a far more form-fitting version of power armor for those of us who prefer to wreak havoc in style. It seems that there's a seamless transition into the suits themselves which opens up SO many doors for mods, like pieces of equipment having their own animations, etc.

At the moment, I'm really inspired by the armor worn by Shae Vizla in the Star Wars Old Republic era. (pictured below)

Seems to be a lot we can go from this sort of style. While quite form fitting, it could still allow for the whole step-into approach seen in the gameplay for Fallout 4, where the armor wraps around the player.

Obviously, none of this is at all possible until we get the tools for creation. But is this something you guys might like to see for Fallout 4?

http://2ch.hk/sw/src/6245/14254704232490.jpg

Honestly, that looks more like an alternative skin for the combat armor (and I'd welcome this to be an alternative skin for the combat armor) rather than a power armor. You are meant to be a living tank wearing a power armor.

The problem here is you're thinking of power armour as armour when it's not. It's a small mech suit which has more in common with a vehicle than any piece of armour. It's like asking for a car that fits around the "idealised" female form. Also, it would have to be big enough to fit both genders and all weight-scales or you're going to be clipping through it all over the place. And if you make it so it's equipable like any armour, then you might as well just make a standalone armour. Asking for female power armour misses the entire point of it. I play as a female and I have never had an issue, because it's not a fashion piece, it's a heavy military assault suit designed for combat, not the catwalk.

Also, the Power Armour in Fallout is pretty different from anything in any other game. I feel like what people are suggesting is just more of the same. Stupidly tight "sexy" armour that's in every other game, instead of something that make me as a player feel powerful, like a tank.

Now, with all that said, a Chinese version of power armour might be smaller and more nimble. Big and clunky tank=American. Smaller, lighter more manueverable=Chinese.

Edited by Hallgarth

I think the Cross Pre-war cybernetics is probably the best thing you're going to get in this case. Redesigning the entire power armor frame would require new animations in order to be done well, and I don't think the CK even comes with that option at the moment.