[WIPz] Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE)

behippo

If I'm using the F4SE for my version why force someone to update? and even worst how does it even know that I'm not using the most current version when I'm offline.

Because if F4SE is demanding you update something, it means that the version numbers aren't correct. This isn't a texture replacer, it's not going to be compatible with the wrong version. File offsets change when you update an exe file, and f4se will break. Honestly it's a godsend that they added in something that can send out that error message.

What you need to realize is that 1.5.205+ are all beta files. They aren't finalized, and they are subject to change. They are not finished products. 1.5.157, on the other hand, is the last stable release that works. All the beta files are a work in progress to get Bethesda.net up and running, they're not tweaks or features or even truly required to run this game on PC (unless you use Bethesda.net (and you're here on the F4SE page on the Nexus, so probably not your primary mod source, neh?)).

You need to have the right version of F4SE that matches up with your Fallout 4. Period. There is no way around it. Nobody is forcing you do do anything except keep a matching set of things together. Why is that challenging?

You feel forced tho. Did you opt into the beta feature on Steam? Because if so, that's why it keeps breaking; you told Steam that you were okay with this kind of thing, and preferred to have the latest files without regard for stability. Turn that off and stick with the Stable release, from now on.

Edited by Jeoshua

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only I could opt-out of updates on Steam. That's the real issue. I've opted out of betas, but now Steam as released version 1.5.211, the beta F4SE (which I was using) is for 1.5.210. But now, I've lost the Achievement mod until F4SE gets updated. :confused:

Yes, the game was just patched to 1.5.210 and even though I updated f4se to 0.1.15 (the corresponding version according to the website), I still get the message that my version of Fallout 4 is newer than supported. I did not opt into any betas.

Have you actually checked your game is .210? I know that was the latest beta, but Bethesda seems to have jumped up to .307 without doing a beta first, hence the message from F4SE about a version mismatch

Yes, the game was just patched to 1.5.210 and even though I updated f4se to 0.1.15 (the corresponding version according to the website), I still get the message that my version of Fallout 4 is newer than supported. I did not opt into any betas.

Have you actually checked your game is .210? I know that was the latest beta, but Bethesda seems to have jumped up to .307 without doing a beta first, hence the message from F4SE about a version mismatch

does it really matter what version numberBethesda is using we can't launch fo4 with f4se right now and that's all that really matters

does it really matter what version numberBethesda is using we can't launch fo4 with f4se right now and that's all that really matters

It does matter, as F4SE is based on the version of the game.

Currently there is two versions available on the F4SE page. One for game version .205 and another for game version .210. Depending on if you are running beta or not, is dependent on the version you will use. .205 for the live game, .210 for the beta.

After the update, the game is now at version .307. So we have to wait for an F4SE that is compatible with the .307 version. So yeah, the version of the game does matter when it comes to F4SE. If you are not using the proper F4SE for the game version you are running, it won't work.

Right now, everyone should be running version .307 as it is the live version right now. So the .205 and the .210 version of F4SE won't work. Just have patience for the F4SE to update. They usually get it out within the day of the update.