Remove POI icons from compass

dancoxdrums

^This.

As well as a mod that moves the compass to the edge, instead of almost in the damn middle of the screen.

Would be nice to see the same for the sneak indicator (or remove the godforsaken thing and let us find out ourselves whether we're spotted by an enemy or not!).

Shouldn't be the most difficult mods to make. So if there are any able kindhearted modders listening up there, willing to provide us with some more immersion... :kiss:

^This.

As well as a mod that moves the compass to the edge, instead of almost in the damn middle of the screen.

Would be nice to see the same for the sneak indicator (or remove the godforsaken thing and let us find out ourselves whether we're spotted by an enemy or not!).

Shouldn't be the most difficult mods to make. So if there are any able kindhearted modders listening up there, willing to provide us with some more immersion... :kiss:

Yep, bring it all.

Look those up in Skyrim, I think it ini tweak.

Most ini tweaks work flawlessly in fo4.

In Skyrim you had to edit the line "bShowQuestMarkers". The same line is found in the Fallout4Prefs.ini, yet changing it to "bShowQuestMarkers=0" does not remove the POI icons on the compass for me.
So I've simply removed the compass for the time being ("bShowCompass=0").

Look those up in Skyrim, I think it ini tweak.

Most ini tweaks work flawlessly in fo4.

In Skyrim you had to edit the line "bShowQuestMarkers". The same line is found in the Fallout4Prefs.ini, yet changing it to "bShowQuestMarkers=0" does not remove the POI icons on the compass for me.
So I've simply removed the compass for the time being ("bShowCompass=0").

Yeah, already tried that and was disappointed to see the quest markers go while the POI's remained. Removing compass will have to do for now.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to explore without being told where to experience game content by the compass.

Locations which you learn of through conversation/terminals could still appear if possible.

Thank you. I googled "Fallout 4 compass icon remover" and this forum topic is the first link.

I hope talented modders will make this one soon.