Why do people hate Fallout 4 so much?

DreadedKat

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am quite pleased the way Fallout 4 turned out the atmosphere of Boston is extremly more beliveable then the previous 2 falllout games, its allot more stable, and has allot less bugs then what fallout 3, and new vegas had. The only downside is that the story could have been more intresting, an effective way in maybe dealing with this might have been in trying to create a multi story similar to GTA V only that it would be more beliveable if the characters dident cross paths. Allthough doing this would turn out to be quite expensive.

Its as others have pointed out that its quite hard to please everyone.

What is it that puts you off by the dialogue system?

See my post at the bottom of page 10 for why I (and others) may believe the dialogue system to be not the greatest.

I see your point with that in the 2 previous fallout games as a charcter you had more control over what your character said, I havent met that many characters yet. I'm gussing you have played mass effect before I like that series quite allot.

Boombro Indeed they are, I also liked the wheel but isent it intresting when new things are tried out. I havent encounterd that many characters yet but now when the character has dialogue its allot more immersive. I belive next year with the modding community what if the old text system was blended with the new dialogue system.

Edited by mpaquasar

I'm gussing you have played mass effect before I like that series quite allot.

I've played very very little Mass Effect or Dragon Age. Bioware RPG's are not my thing at all lol. They tend to explore themes and settings that leave me very disinterested.

I love Fantasy but not that type of Fantasy (I like Japanese Fantasy specifically, which Elder Scrolls is a little more close to, or can be modded to be close to), and I hate space sci-fi (love Earth sci-fi and high tech gadgetry, not very into space.)

Edited by neonie

I as a fan of the series since fo3 (yes, i didnt play 1 and 2, so f*#@ing what) i have to say i am a bit disappointed in what they made, dont get me wrong, i love me some more fallout and the story indeed does keep the experience alive but things like voiced characters took away from the feel of fallout for example, the limited dialogue options also, but the worst has to be the facial animations and expressions, they are skyrim level quality and even sometimes non functional due to the npc talking yet mouth closed. The devil is in the detail and these details surely are what upsets the gamer who came to expect more of a skyrim revolutionary turn. I love the crafting, combat isnt bad in my opinion, i like the story and other things like the movement of creatures and such or the darker tone the world conveys added with rich enviroments, diversity wise. Settlement building has to be the most disappointing aspect, its tedious and a job to manage 10 npcs, i hate it at this point. I think that the average gamer wont have an issue with most things but hardcore fans can be understood when disappointed. The hope of a better game now lies in mods.

Yes Mass Effect was a good series. this does not mean every game needs to BE Mass Effect. It does not mean that eveyr game needs a voiced protaganist or an arbitrarily limiting dialogue system just because BioWare did it. New is not always better and new for the sake of new sho uldn't be praised just BECAUSE it is new.

Bethesda games are supposed to be about freedom to play however you'd like.. but they're also supposed to be RPGs.

Tell me, if your spouse were murdered and your son kidnapped, would you spend the next several months hunting down raiders, establishing settlements, chilling with the Brotherhood of Sleel, and sleeping with an ex-junkie? No, you would not. The starting sequence of the game is very clear in showing that you are a kind, loving parent and devoted spouse. That is what you are. That is established canon for your character.

In order to actually experience freedom in Fallout 4, you need to abandon the role you're meant to play.

Do I even need to explain to you why that doesn't work in an RPG, of all things?

Exactly, and that is something Bethesda has been shying away from. Fallout: New Vegas was a massive improvement over Fallout 3. It still had many flaws, but it was a working formula that people enjoyed.

Why did Bethesda completely ignore it? Why did they take Fallout 3, rip out a ton of RPG elements, and force it as an FPS game down our throats after advertising it as an RPG?

I don't get it. I really don't, and I would give anything -- ANYTHING -- for Bethesda to let Obsidian make another Fallout game.

Edited by SlothLikeSin