Romance Nick Valentine

DarkFairy003

Nice to see that this project is treated fairly and not being torn by both sides (the ones that want it and the ones who do not).

Yeah, not all should be romance-able, but some of the more obvious once would've been nice.

Nick's entire story is just too fitting for a romance story approach. More so than any of the other ones, at least in my opinion.

I feel it's kinda unfair to think him unproper, because of somewhat point of "romantic interest" in his secretary or the fact that he's "an old school model robot".

He is the actual memory and mind of a person within a machine. That does not make him less human than others.

Nick is not just acting being human. He actually is.

I've been giving it a lot of thought. ( reading BAA over and over again .. *cough* )

What is it that makes you human? Your mind.

I think, therefor I am.

Nicks mind is a 1:1 copy of a human brain and was transferred on a self learning computer. Like a brain, but out of metal.

Even if he's not interessted in romance, I'm sure he's had some silent thoughts about it.

He does remember the fiance of human Nick and I'm sure he does remember how love feels like.

He is able to idolize you, so why not in a romantically way?

I have some theories about it.

The best is that he can't feel touches. Physical affection like a rock.

Something that can be solved in a little quest maybe? :3

Bringing him a new body or synthetic skin from the institute and ask Tinker tom to update him

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see that this project is treated fairly and not being torn by both sides (the ones that want it and the ones who do not).

Yeah, not all should be romance-able, but some of the more obvious once would've been nice.

Nick's entire story is just too fitting for a romance story approach. More so than any of the other ones, at least in my opinion.

I feel it's kinda unfair to think him unproper, because of somewhat point of "romantic interest" in his secretary or the fact that he's "an old school model robot".

He is the actual memory and mind of a person within a machine. That does not make him less human than others.

Even if he's not interessted in romance, I'm sure he's had some silent thoughts about it.

He does remember the fiance of human Nick and I'm sure he does remember how love feels like.

I agree completely! ^_^

Never thought about "feel touches" part. How does he recognize shots? I guess, Gen 2 must have some monitoring sensitive system...

Anyway, quest idea is really good, fixing his arm can be a quest too, because he's trying to maintain it by himself way too often.

I agree completely! ^_^

Never thought about "feel touches" part. How does he recognize shots? I guess, Gen 2 must have some monitoring sensitive system...

Anyway, quest idea is really good, fixing his arm can be a quest too, because he's trying to maintain it by himself way too often.

Exactly!

And it'd be even better if you're the one to 'repair' him, if you have the skill.

How about some commentary like:

"I always wanted to see what's under this trenchcoat."

Could even count as flirting. ;D

I really don't know if he's even able to feel temperature.

He must have a sensor or something like that.

But what I do know is that he's drinking and smoking.

He can smell, as far as I know. He's often complaining about it.

"I always wanted to see what's under this trenchcoat."

Damn, that was hot ^_^

And it'd be even better if you're the one to 'repair' him, if you have the skill.

Yes, it can be a quest for retrieving instructions and schematics for Gen2 from the Institute, than an Intelligence check for being able to understand it. :geek:

Go and look for gen three sythns.

There is nothing down there, lol.

Humans are, like, mostly the same under clothes too, lol.

aside from romance comments... Why can;t you supply him with a synth body aka how u did with curie?

I guess, for Curie it's crucial, because Miss Nanny robot and Gen3 is completely different matters of technical abilities, while Nick's prototype Gen2 and Gen3 are different only in some anatomical features, so idk how useful and, erm, polite it will be...

Hey, just wanted to give a quick progress update and let everyone know I am still working on editing together some of the vanilla in-game dialogue for this to see if it will really work and sound ok! I'm about halfway through splicing together audio for the new flirt dialogue and romance conversation I came up with to add into Nick's approval conversations. I think I am going to wait to share any of it until I have at least a rough draft edit of the whole thing done though, because I have already had to rewrite parts of it several times (either because a line did not splice together well, or when the emotional tone/delivery of a line did not sound quite right). The good news is that so far I still think there is enough useful dialogue from the game to pull this off, and I am pleasantly surprised so far with the way the new dialogue I have created sounds!

Didn't tried to make anything for FO4 yet, but for FNV I made a bunch of custom mods involving dialogue: 2 simple companions with rather huge dialogue trees with their stories and comments, and also I was a huge fan of this mod, and wrote a custom addon with some talkable npcs. As for now, I mostly edit dialogue for Nosco companions, and make slight corrections for the game process (again in FNV). Sadly, never dealed with lip-sync and voiced replicas, only silent ones. Still, I hope to help even with that little skill I have! ^_^

That's great Lee5Lee! It's way more experience working on mods similar to this one than I have. How much harder is it going to be to also deal with lip-sync and voiced characters? Is that something you would be interesting in learning how to do?

I for once would love to be a Beta Tester if this gets out :3

I would also like to help in some small way. I am no Modder, but I have a keen eye for dialogues (which made me crinch in agony most of the time).

If there is some way I can help, just let me know :3

I'd be grateful if you would take a look at the new dialogue I have written and/or listen to the rough edits for the new audio when I am done with it and give me your thoughts!

It would be cool to have a quest kind of like Curie's where you can perform a neural transfer to put Nick in the body of a Gen 3 synth.

I think these are potentially pretty cool ideas for other things to add, although adding new quests is way more involved than what I was working on so far!