Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.0) with Fallout 4 Support Released!

SirSalami

Thanks for getting the updated version of NMM out so quickly! I had purposefully been waiting for the manager to release before modding anything.

So to get started, I updated my fallout4.ini and fallout4pref.ini to enable modding.Then I added 4 mods with NMM to see how things would turn out with the manager. However, upon starting up Fallout 4, my game crashes almost immediately.

I disabled the mods / plugins from NMM and now the game works perfectly.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Or am I doing something wrong..?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #30557800.

Marsirium wrote: Thanks for getting the updated version of NMM out so quickly! I had purposefully been waiting for the manager to release before modding anything.

So to get started, I updated my fallout4.ini and fallout4pref.ini to enable modding.Then I added 4 mods with NMM to see how things would turn out with the manager. However, upon starting up Fallout 4, my game crashes almost immediately.

Some mods may interfere with each other, so it may be that you can't run all 4 at the dame time.

In response to post #30557800. #30558400 is also a reply to the same post.

Marsirium wrote: Thanks for getting the updated version of NMM out so quickly! I had purposefully been waiting for the manager to release before modding anything.

Craftonaut wrote: Some mods may interfere with each other, so it may be that you can't run all 4 at the dame time.

Many mods are not packed to be properly installed by mod managers.
I would start by looking into the NMM Plugins tab for plugins installed by the same mod (usually alternate but conflicting variations of the same mod), and just enable the one you need.

In response to post #30557800. #30558400, #30559005 are all replies on the same post.

Craftonaut wrote: Some mods may interfere with each other, so it may be that you can't run all 4 at the dame time.
DuskDweller wrote: Many mods are not packed to be properly installed by mod managers.
I would start by looking into the NMM Plugins tab for plugins installed by the same mod (usually alternate but conflicting variations of the same mod), and just enable the one you need.

Yeah, It seems on of the plugins was the one crashing my game. Thanks

In response to post #30551345. #30554470 is also a reply to the same post.

ehyoh wrote: So I've done a fresh install of NMM for F4 and prior to installing it I had altered my ini and prefs.ini files for obvious reasons. I've set both of the files to read only so they don't revert when I launch the game.

However when I launch NMM it tells me that I should change the ini files back to not-read only, otherwise NMM can't manage them. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to lose my config settings but also don't want any problems with mods in the future if my ini files are left as read only.

Any way to make sure my config files don't revert but also make them not read only?
DuskDweller wrote: Thanks for the feedback, keep them readonly.

WIll do. thanks for the reply.

In response to post #30553125. #30557385 is also a reply to the same post.

Darknetworks wrote: If I install this I will lose all my skyrim mods so I guess i'm f*#@ed and have to install my fallout 4 mods manually.
Dark0ne wrote: Or you could do what the news post said and have two copies of NMM on your system.

I actually did what the news suggested, and attempted to install NMM 6.1 separately (it own folders, save locations etc) and... well, sad to say, it appears to have created a big mess.

"No games were detected! Nexus Mod Manager will now close"

Not only will NMM 6.1 fail to see games, the older version was corrupted and no longer sees games as well, so neither will launch.

I attempted to install NMM 6.1 into F:\Fallout 4 Mods\NMN6_1
While having NMM 5.61 installed into F:\Nexus Mod Manager

So there are some issues here with installing two versions of Nexus Mod Manager. At least in my experience, it appears that the two programs are conflicting with each other.

I just tested it on a clean install on fallout 4, when I installed a mod that replaced Fallout4_en.strings, after uninstalling the mod the modded file is deleted, but the original file isn't restored. Is that how it should be, or is it a bug?

In response to post #30561715.

yemto wrote: I just tested it on a clean install on fallout 4, when I installed a mod that replaced Fallout4_en.strings, after uninstalling the mod the modded file is deleted, but the original file isn't restored. Is that how it should be, or is it a bug?

It's a known bug, it will be fixed soon.