Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.0) with Fallout 4 Support Released!

SirSalami

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #30547605. #30550470, #30551435, #30552405, #30555535, #30557125 are all replies on the same post.

Huynher wrote: I've installed the NMM. I've configured both .ini. When I install a texture using NMM, I don't see it take effect in game which is weird because I see the correct file in the correct folder. Any ideas? All the textures I've installed manually previously is still showing.
vervurax wrote: NMM works fine, the problem is that some mod authors don't care or don't know that they should pack the mods with proper path files. I just fixed two mods, zipped them, installed them manually in NMM and the textures showed up.
ukprakash wrote: Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Anyone have any suggestions?
ukprakash wrote: Any suggestions on how we can achieve the same results? I've never had to do any of the stuff you said, so a walkthrough would be great if you don't mind :)
Huynher wrote: I thought the path was the issue before, but I checked to see where NMM installed the texture and it was the correct path, yet doesn't show in game. I downloaded the file manually to verify it.
dandiersphinx wrote: Check the Fallout.ini and be sure that the sResourceDataDirsFinal line is like this.

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Also mark the file as read only as Fallout likes to reset it.

I've already had that line, but I just tried to replace it again and it didn't help.. Where did you guys set your virtual install path for NMM? Does that matter?

Edit: I guess it was just the texture I tried to install. I re-installed NMM and it's working fine now with other mods, but that texture still doesn't work. Edited by Huynher

In response to post #30552465. #30553455 is also a reply to the same post.

Majoraborn wrote: even after i managed my ini files, NMM still asks me to manage them. I'm sure i'm not the only one experiencing this problem.
starfis wrote: Have you added bEnableFileSelection=1 into the Fallout4Prefs.ini?

Almost assuredly you did what I did. In Fallout4Prefs.ini, the [Launcher] section is only ONE line. You most likely accidentally stuck "bEnableFileSelection=1" after [PipBoy]. Go check that out.

In response to post #30569750. #30575745 is also a reply to the same post.

EpicMrBanana wrote: I edit my .ini for this and when I try to install the mod it says that I still need to make adjustments, even though I already have. Anyone know how to fix this?
KFblade wrote: Having the same issue.

Try checking to see if you stuck "bEnableFileSelection=1" after [PipBoy] as [Launcher] is actually only one line. This was my problem.

In response to post #30569750. #30575745, #30576050 are all replies on the same post.

EpicMrBanana wrote: I edit my .ini for this and when I try to install the mod it says that I still need to make adjustments, even though I already have. Anyone know how to fix this?
KFblade wrote: Having the same issue.
Brunhildr wrote: Try checking to see if you stuck "bEnableFileSelection=1" after [PipBoy] as [Launcher] is actually only one line. This was my problem.

Nevermind. Mine said EnableFilesSelection, as in Files, rather than File.

In response to post #30553125. #30557385, #30561155 are all replies on the same post.

Darknetworks wrote: If I install this I will lose all my skyrim mods so I guess i'm f*#@ed and have to install my fallout 4 mods manually.
Dark0ne wrote: Or you could do what the news post said and have two copies of NMM on your system.
Gildren wrote: I actually did what the news suggested, and attempted to install NMM 6.1 separately (it own folders, save locations etc) and... well, sad to say, it appears to have created a big mess.

"No games were detected! Nexus Mod Manager will now close"

Not only will NMM 6.1 fail to see games, the older version was corrupted and no longer sees games as well, so neither will launch.

I attempted to install NMM 6.1 into F:\Fallout 4 Mods\NMN6_1
While having NMM 5.61 installed into F:\Nexus Mod Manager

So there are some issues here with installing two versions of Nexus Mod Manager. At least in my experience, it appears that the two programs are conflicting with each other.

Robin wanted to say: "Learn to read!" but he can't say that as it isn't good PR. ;D

While there may be troubles with a dual installation, a lot of you seriously need to start reading before the human race becomes illiterate. Why do you click things and download them with no prior information? Your computers must be full of viruses if that's your attitude. Edited by SparrowPrince