Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.0) with Fallout 4 Support Released!

SirSalami

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss the convenience of one click downloads and seeing if a mod is updated without manually tracking everything I download and checking the website.

Is that enough to push me to install .6x alongside the old version and deal with swapping between them? Possibly...possibly. I'd have to workaround the unwanted profiling system though..

Edited by DAOWAce

In response to post #30551345.

ehyoh wrote: So I've done a fresh install of NMM for F4 and prior to installing it I had altered my ini and prefs.ini files for obvious reasons. I've set both of the files to read only so they don't revert when I launch the game.

However when I launch NMM it tells me that I should change the ini files back to not-read only, otherwise NMM can't manage them. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to lose my config settings but also don't want any problems with mods in the future if my ini files are left as read only.

Any way to make sure my config files don't revert but also make them not read only?

Thanks for the feedback, keep them readonly.

Thanks for releasing this.

Ive uninstalled it for now, did a fresh install in my fallout 4 folder and found that my game was crashing on start up. Tried deactivating plugins one by one but found it only worked when I uninstalled NMM and re verified my game on steam 5 files were reaccuiqed, wish i could see what files. My fallout 4 was working fine before installing NMM.

I can try and give any more details if they are helpful. WIll try the tool again after its updated.

I have a problem.

I have enabled the ini files with no problem and have downloaded the NMM with Fallout4. The problem is that after downloaded mods that they are not listed in the Plug In section. It makes no difference if I download one or several mods. What am I missing? I need some help and advice please to make this work, thanks!

In response to post #30547605. #30550470, #30551435, #30552405 are all replies on the same post.

Huynher wrote: I've installed the NMM. I've configured both .ini. When I install a texture using NMM, I don't see it take effect in game which is weird because I see the correct file in the correct folder. Any ideas? All the textures I've installed manually previously is still showing.
vervurax wrote: NMM works fine, the problem is that some mod authors don't care or don't know that they should pack the mods with proper path files. I just fixed two mods, zipped them, installed them manually in NMM and the textures showed up.
ukprakash wrote: Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Anyone have any suggestions?
ukprakash wrote: Any suggestions on how we can achieve the same results? I've never had to do any of the stuff you said, so a walkthrough would be great if you don't mind :)

I thought the path was the issue before, but I checked to see where NMM installed the texture and it was the correct path, yet doesn't show in game. I downloaded the file manually to verify it. Edited by Huynher

In response to post #30547605. #30550470, #30551435, #30552405, #30555535 are all replies on the same post.

Huynher wrote: I've installed the NMM. I've configured both .ini. When I install a texture using NMM, I don't see it take effect in game which is weird because I see the correct file in the correct folder. Any ideas? All the textures I've installed manually previously is still showing.
vervurax wrote: NMM works fine, the problem is that some mod authors don't care or don't know that they should pack the mods with proper path files. I just fixed two mods, zipped them, installed them manually in NMM and the textures showed up.
ukprakash wrote: Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Anyone have any suggestions?
ukprakash wrote: Any suggestions on how we can achieve the same results? I've never had to do any of the stuff you said, so a walkthrough would be great if you don't mind :)
Huynher wrote: I thought the path was the issue before, but I checked to see where NMM installed the texture and it was the correct path, yet doesn't show in game. I downloaded the file manually to verify it.

Check the Fallout.ini and be sure that the sResourceDataDirsFinal line is like this.

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

Also mark the file as read only as Fallout likes to reset it.

Edited by dandiersphinx

In response to post #30555075.

Bobolyte wrote: I have a problem.

I have enabled the ini files with no problem and have downloaded the NMM with Fallout4. The problem is that after downloaded mods that they are not listed in the Plug In section. It makes no difference if I download one or several mods. What am I missing? I need some help and advice please to make this work, thanks!

Does the mod make use of plugins? Only mods that have .esp files will show in the plugin tab. Texture replacers, for example, will have no plugin file.

In response to post #30553125.

Darknetworks wrote: If I install this I will lose all my skyrim mods so I guess i'm f*#@ed and have to install my fallout 4 mods manually.

Or you could do what the news post said and have two copies of NMM on your system.