why is there so much garbage on fo4 nexus right now.

srsparky32

all of the good mods like the x-01 enclave retexture and 4k pipboy retexture are all getting hidden by all of the lame cop-out "HUR GET ALL ITEMS" or "HUR POWER CORES DONT DRAIN" etc etc.

and theyre all getting ENDORSED too. its so infuriating. those people are making a straight mockery of nexus.

cheats arent mods

Edited by srsparky32

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all of the good mods like the x-01 enclave retexture and 4k pipboy retexture are all getting hidden by all of the lame cop-out "HUR GET ALL ITEMS" or "HUR POWER CORES DONT DRAIN" etc etc.

and theyre all getting ENDORSED too. its so infuriating. those people are making a straight mockery of nexus.

cheats arent mods

And your mod isn't a cheat? "I made him to cater to people who do not want to spend perk points on smithing but still want good weapons and armor. "

Different people consider different things important, and honestly gameplay changes and tweaks I personally think are far more important than retexture packs (though I'm not using any mods at the moment.)

Edited by neonie

1. Without official modding tools anything that requires an esp will likely become game breaking in a month or so, perhaps mod users are purposely avoiding those mods because of that.

2. Nexus is about people making game content and sharing with people who either can't or don't know how to make their own content. In that context I don't see how anything shared freely is a mockery of Nexus, it's principles, or it's users.

3. People will endorse, download and use what ever they like or that suits their need. It has very little to do with being seen on the front page so much as best fitting the needs of the users. If you feel your mod is being overlooked, then it probably does not suit their needs as much as you think it does.

Most of these people aren't modders, they just want to call themselves modders. The proper tools aren't out yet and the heavy hitters haven't had time to come out with the inevitable GREAT content. In the meantime, we'll get inundated with data tweaks, retextures, and patches that don't actually patch anything.

And your mod isn't a cheat? "I made him to cater to people who do not want to spend perk points on smithing but still want good weapons and armor. "

not really since he's a vendor. and all the stuff you get from him requires a lot of gold so its not like you can be level 1 and just go buy something from him.

Edited by srsparky32

The mods are lame because it's a bunch of kids doing anything just to get a mod up. Way I see it - good for them for being creative. Maybe sometime in the future they will release something worthwhile. The real problem is that it is very time consuming to sort out the few diamonds in the rough. I am just amazed by the sheer number of low quality mods that have already been released.