We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

I hate all these people... except for the Minutemen. >_>

jcdenton2012

All things said about the black and white of the games ever since Bethesda took over... I honestly never thought that the Enclave was all that bad. They did evil s***, don't get me wrong, but I always felt as though their bad rep, especially in Fallout 3 was mostly underserved. They always seemed mostly to be a foil for the Brotherhood of Steel. Where the Brotherhood is a secretive military clubhouse that mostly just consolidates and hordes technology unlike the Enclave (whose claims towards being a legitimate US government ARE valid despite fanboy bashing) trended towards openly using their technology actively for hostile population cleansing. If you compare how the Brotherhood operates in Boston and the Majove, very anti-mutant and anti-ghoul, the Enclave was merely being honest with its intentions unlike other factions. Fallout 3's Brotherhood of Steel is... to be blunt, 'rosy eyed' and has nothing to do with their depiction in any of the other games... except maybe Fallout Tactics...

Also, if we are to be honest, the Enclave pretty much had the best chances to put the world back together... but were sabotaged by the player across several games... kind of like COBRA, lolz. In Fallout 3, I like to think that if Colonel Autumn hadn't killed dear old dad, then there would have been a rather high probability of the player actually joining up with the Enclave against the Brotherhood of Steel. You have to keep in mind, if you look at the game objectively you see the Brotherhood of Steel and Enclave doing the following.

1) Patrolling the wasteland for threats

2) Launching strike missions into Washington DC

However, the Enclave gets a bad rep for one single atrocity spawn near the reservoir where they burn ghouls in a trailer. Nevermind the numerous scientist doing field research you see wondering around, or those few spawns where you see them fighting raiders... both things the Brotherood of Steel never ever did in the game.

They, more than any other faction, have always been depicted stunningly and irredeemably negative. Hell, even Caesar's Legion was said to have some good points with how they locked trade down back East against raiders. Yet, whenever anyone mentions the Enclave, it's always as 'pure evil.' I have to hand it to the BOS, that's some damn good PR they did...

I think you missed that part in the story where they wanted to kill all non pure humans with FEV.

I personally think that Institute is the best way, when you do missions for them you see why they replace certian people, for example seeds that contains radiation in one of the farms, or they are looking for supplies which they need and obviously everyone wants supplies, thats why they need to fight for them using their synts. Also they mentioned that they tried to install goverment above ground but stupid freaks was against it because of superstitions. I always hated fact that I couldnt join Enclave, like in F4 where you are able to join institute even if you are enemies at the begining.

Also if there will be Enclave ressurection in Fallout 4 DLC, I think that alliance between Institute and Enclave is very probable.

The Brotherhood are there for one thing and one thing only, the Institutes tech and the Institute will know this, there is no way they'd work together. As for the Enclave making a return in DLC, if they go for that then they really need to be like New Vegas's Remnants, The Enclave as a force is finished, I don't want to see them repeatedly get back up again the like monster at the end of a horror movie.

I personally think that Institute is the best way, when you do missions for them you see why they replace certian people, for example seeds that contains radiation in one of the farms, or they are looking for supplies which they need and obviously everyone wants supplies, thats why they need to fight for them using their synts. Also they mentioned that they tried to install goverment above ground but stupid freaks was against it because of superstitions. I always hated fact that I couldnt join Enclave, like in F4 where you are able to join institute even if you are enemies at the begining.

Also if there will be Enclave ressurection in Fallout 4 DLC, I think that alliance between Institute and Enclave is very probable.

I think everything they worked on is amazing, but I don't want bunch of shut-in, closed minded racists to rule the world.

They also able to grow food, they have clean water, they were able to have unlimited power. They very able to help the above ground, but instead and main quest spoilers:

They want to wipe out the wasteland and rebuild humanity, since they think they are better people in everything and everything else is just bad or rotten.

Also they mentioned that they tried to install goverment above ground but stupid freaks was against it because of superstitions

Imagine this:

People know some big secret group exists, they only know of them because sometimes people are kidnapped and replaced with robots that look so human, they can trick mothers. They also throw their own trash away above ground.

Expect Nick, he is a bro and not trash.

Of course everyone will be freaked out when they try to build a government. If it happened to me, I will be so scared too, and not because I'm a wuss.

And how will they run one for commonwealth when they hardly know it and don't think much of the normal people living there in the first place? They never have humans go outside, expect robots and one agent. They are just smart people, but that hardly means they will be able to lead the people and build the world right. If you wiped all their robots, will know how to do stuff? Can they clean, cook, build, farm in poor soil, build with scarps and deal with weather? I know I will never clean or cook again if had a smart robot butler, and guess what, they had those in the span of a generations.

Do you know who is suited to rebuild the world? The wastelanders, who try to live the best they can with big bugs, face eating zombies, super mutes, bad soil, bandits with flame throwers, rad storms and deathclaws. They live in a world that seems so dead and horrible, but they still willing to live on it and keep on.

Plus, I hate buildings that are only painted with the color white, that just ugly. I prefer living in a house with holes in the wall.

No, not even the sheltered Institute would be seen in the good graces of the Enclave.

I remind newer fans of one of the very first things we know about the Enclave and it starts in FO2's Intro. Jump to 2:10 in the video if you don't want to watch the rest.

People don't understand it seems: To the Enclave, EVERY SINGLE BEING in the wastelands must die. They wiped out secured Vaults, who should have no radiation issues, no genetic mutation caused by radiation. The Enclave made not one, but TWO attempts to implement a weapon that would kill the wasteland population so that the Enclave's pure humans can once again return and re-establish the United States. In the Enclave's eyes, it's the Enclave vs everyone else. Everyone else is an obstacle preventing the return of genetically unspoiled humans and the U.S. gov't. And those obstacles are to be destroyed.

Actually... if we are to be fair... a lot of the fluff regarding the Enclave is kind of outdated. The genocide stuff, not even going to bother defending that because its all true. They want to wipe out any and all forms of genetic mutation across not only the United States, but also the entire planet. The problem with that is... logistics. By this point everyone in the Enclave has to some point been radiated, thus... how do they determine who the FEV targets in their own ranks?

That, is a serious plot-hole in the lore, and the answer would surprise you if you know anything about genetics. The Enclave, its members that is, must have received a synthetic genetic sequence to make them immune to the effects of FEV. That is the ONLY way in which their faction can survive the release of a weaponized FEV strain without disintegrating from within.

Knowing this, it is easy to extrapolate that it's not so much exterminating everyone, so much as exterminating everyone they deem as unworthy of existing within the new United States. To that end I would argue that the main reason the Enclave does not actively recruit into its ranks from outside of their own faction isn't because they are pure evil but rather than because the people of the wasteland are frankly undependable. Think about it, would you trust fresh recruits if those recruits knew that it was either join the Enclave or die from a biohazard created by that faction itself? Of course not, most people joining up in those circumstances are just joining to save themselves... not because they necessarily agree with the Enclaves methods, and they'll turn on the Enclave the first chance they get when they know that they can get away with it.

Then there is the matter of the Enclave agreeing to follow Eden in the first place... very uncharacteristic given their established lore.

All of this put aside, I have to agree that the wastelanders are probably the most deserving of rebuilding given how well they survive despite the odds with none of the advantages given by the other factions such as the BoS and Institute... probably one of the main reasons I like The Minutemen so much.

All of this put aside, I have to agree that the wastelanders are probably the most deserving of rebuilding given how well they survive despite the odds with none of the advantages given by the other factions such as the BoS and Institute... probably one of the main reasons I like The Minutemen so much.

I liked the Minutemen at first but eventually they come across as a whiny bunch of people who are desperately looking for someone to lead them. But, the second they don't like their leader, or he dies, they'll fall apart again in a minute. A successful organization needs more than just one person to be a leader and the Minutemen don't have that. They're basically a bunch of followers looking for their messiah.

I liked the Minutemen at first but eventually they come across as a whiny bunch of people who are desperately looking for someone to lead them. But, the second they don't like their leader, or he dies, they'll fall apart again in a minute. A successful organization needs more than just one person to be a leader and the Minutemen don't have that. They're basically a bunch of followers looking for their messiah.

The only thing they have going for them is that sweet stylish uniform.

I like castle though, can I get it without the MM?