Nuclear apocalypse in real life.

BloXboX

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot invade a country that was nuked. The radiation alone would cause massive casualties not to mention it is impossible to win a nuclear war as everyone will always get destroyed as all it takes is 1 button push.

Very true. By the time the radiation dissipates enough to make invasion even worth it, the residents of that nation will have reformed a basic tribal government and be ready to take on anyone willing to invade after getting themselves equally nuked.

They don't call nuclear war the "great equalizer" for nothing.

If you want to survive, start prepping now. Get a underground bunker as far away from major populated areas. Stock every square inch with food and tools for at least 6 months. Guns & ammo, Bows, crossbows & lots and lots of arrows, gasmasks, nbc suits, water purifiers, fuel (enough for a 6 months, then you switch to burning wood & a wind generator, for warmth & power), toiletpaper, lots of shoes, socks, underwear, jeans, shirts (clothes will wear out quick), Medical supplies, Antibiotics, medicine, bandages and lots and lots of condoms & morning after pills. Learn basic skills in survival, farming, building, smithing (including horseshoeing), sword fighting, hunting, prepping food (drying meat, fruits, pickles, etc), bush medicine and electronics repair for radio's. Lots of books, playing cards & board games.

Forget about everything with an engine, cars, bikes, planes, generators. Everybody else will go for those, fuel & parts will be payed for in blood & nothing else. You are better off learning to ride a horse and buy saddles and harness, there's bound to be some horses surviving, nature always finds a way. If you are in the right area they can forage for their own food without a problem. They will carry you far (100 kilometers in day of you push them, half that distance for days in a row before they need a good day or 2 rest) without bothering about finding fuel, you can simply stay away from hazzard areas to get fuel for your transport.

Dont take kids, they are a survival hazzard, just take 2 hot young women ( :wink: the condoms & morning after pills) so you can enjoy yourself the first 6 months where you wont be going outside.

After 6 months the survivers will be decimated, starved to death and what your left with are the preppers & lucky survivors. Watch out for gangs, who will plunder, rape & murder everything they come accros, humans will fall back on instincts and form tribes. You will have peacefull tribes & tribes that want to conquer & plunder. That's basic evolutionary human behaviour. So do your hunting with bow & arrow to avoid atracting attention.

And last but not least: :wink: :wink: :wink: :biggrin: dont forget to take a good look at those 2 hot womens mothers, if they also look good and you feel you wont have any problem with them, your set. You will be stuck with those 2 young hot women for a long long time :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

A crowbar. Why?

Its a tool,I can use it to pry open a can,or break a lock.

Its a weapon,if someone,or something(probably a dog,and I hate dogs*you get a cookie if you get the refrence) attacks me,I can crowbar it down,and by the International Laws of Go F yourself,you attack me,all your stuff belongs to me.

But most certainly,water purification gear,seeds,clean soil.

Weaponry would be common caliber gear. 12 gauge, 556,308,and 9mm or .45. A decent fighting knife,and a utility one as well.

Minimum of 6+ months of food,clothes,fuels. etc

Probably would teach myself how to make biofuels.

http://theepicenter.com/cgi/order.cgi?page=freeze_dried_and_dehydrated.html&cart_id=%%cart_id%% :nuke: Start preparing. We only have a year left! :nuke:

• 2 weeks later...

So .. The title pretty much explains a lot

If there was a nuclear apocalypse in the entire world. How would you survive, It would be awesome if everyone used the fallout series as a resouce of how to survive. Though you can use stuff that isnt from Fallout 3, New Vegas etc.

Terrible idea, with your only water source above ground, it will become irradiated. Hate to tell you, but a purifier would not get rid of the radiation, especially a gravity feed setup like yours. Second, if the radiation didnt kill you, your water source is vulnerable to theft, damage and weather being above ground. It doesnt make much sense locking yourself away from the world but leave your life line outside...

I am an avid backpack, so i have plenty of gear and supplies. I have a MOLLE backapck, a camelbak that can carry about a hundred ounces of water, a water bottle that can carry about 32 ounces, a pump for purifying water in the even I lack a strainer or fire for filtering and boiling water, a hatchet and knife for making fire wood, flint, two hundred matches, a sleeping bag rated for -20 degrees F, two weeks worth of freeze dried food (just add hot water and shake), small tent, a sleeping pad, severeal different types of maps, two compasses, twenty feet of rope, bag to put food in (so I can hang food from tree with said rope so bears don't get it), extensive first aid kit, three pairs of clothes ranging from mild temperature to subzero temperature, and my Boy Scout handbook. Total weight is about seventy pounds. I usually have all this packed and ready to go soon after I clean it after backapcking. And, one of my good friends is the son of the police chief, who is perfectly willing to lend me a weapon and a small bullet proof vest (he has a few vests that he can ball up and put into his pocket). We live far away enough from any big targets so as to avoid the brunt of a attack, so I would have quite a bit of time before radiation reached me. In the event of an attack, I would get my pack, put on my boots,visit my friend, get weapons, and haul ass to the other side of the Cascade Mountains to my family on the other side. Should be safe enough there, and getting across the mountains should take maybe two weeks to a month and a half, depending on the season and if I can use the pass across. If I can use my car, it would a lot quicker, but i wouldn't count on it.

I always laugh when movies and video games depict gasoline as a commodity to fight over after the apocalypse.

Currently, 1 gallon of unleaded gasoline has a shelf life of about 3-5 months. After that it will cause an engine to gum up and need to be taken apart and cleaned.

I've worked in a small engine shop and the majority of our work came from people leaving old gas in their engines or using old gas from a tank of last season. Stabil only improves the longevity for a couple months at best.

A year after the apocalypse, gasoline powered equipment will be useless.

if there ever was a nuclear war i would get all the guns and ammunition i can find, hold up some survivors from close towns and make a defence base out of a warehouse, i then would first scavenge food and water for the time being while growing my own food and with my water purification could leave us living for a while longer

after all that is out of the way i would have different squads of people to send out for survivors, food and water, DIY materials but mainly for supplies

when the warehouse has grew i would use several Brahman ( spelt wrong but o well ) like a caravan delivering supplies to other fortifications to keep them living if we are allied, after i got all the ammunition and weapons i need i would send loads of people to look for survivors around the country, letting them set up their own fortification thus having a greater advantage on saving mankind.

i would continue all this and try to build back civilisations all over the country to bring back the world, so thats my story, whats yours ;) <3<3

I always laugh when movies and video games depict gasoline as a commodity to fight over after the apocalypse.

Currently, 1 gallon of unleaded gasoline has a shelf life of about 3-5 months. After that it will cause an engine to gum up and need to be taken apart and cleaned.

I've worked in a small engine shop and the majority of our work came from people leaving old gas in their engines or using old gas from a tank of last season. Stabil only improves the longevity for a couple months at best.

A year after the apocalypse, gasoline powered equipment will be useless.

Your talking about the fuel in a vehicles storage tank which are pretty pathetic anyway but manage the job.

Diesel doesn't go off like petrol - its vapour pressure is much lower, so the volatiles don't evaporate. If unlucky you might get bacterial sludge in it, but otherwise it should keep pretty well for ever. Under normal storage conditions diesel fuel can be expected to stay in a usable condition for: 12 months or longer at an ambient of 20ºC. 6-12 months at an ambient temperature higher than 30ºC.

BP documentation.

Also your forgetting that Bio-Diesel is quite easy to produce on a small scale.

This is only a small tank, where I work our backup generators have above ground tanks bigger than 2 HGV.

http://www.tankservices.co.uk/oil-fuel-tanks/fuel-tank0161809001220904822.jpg

Actual Capacity: 10100 Litres

Nominal Capacity: 9595 Litres

Harlequin 10000BFS/A Bunded BioFuel Station - from £8,690.00 (£10,428.00 inc VAT)