Nuclear apocalypse in real life.

BloXboX

Why would you mention his grammar when he said that is not his main language? It is also a terrible idea to attack someones grammar when you type in all caps and use "Im" and "r."

It's called sarcasm. And language is not the same as grammar, grammar is in every language. Dictionary definition; in linguistics, grammar is the set of structural rules that govern the composition of clauses, phrases, and words in any given natural language.

How is that sarcasm when you had similar grammar in your other posts?

If you English is not your main language, you obviously won't have good grammar in English.

I use all caps intentionally to raise awareness of that specific word/line. What other grammatical corrections can you make?

English isn't even my first language.

Grammar is the same in every language not just English, grammar is the construction and layout of sentencing. When you take two words and using grammar to turn them into one word and don't use the correct grammar for the new word it doesn't matter what language it's in. you know how to turn two words into one but not grammar isn't possible as you use grammar to change those words. If your grammar is poor then you wouldn't know how to change those words in the first place.

Also you could use an online translator so that you could construct your post in your first language and then translate it into another language.

Edit: My grammar isn't 100% perfect but I try my best, also your grammar isn’t perfect.

Edited by phoenix777

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to anyone who thinks having guns would save you just remember this, where are you going to get more ammo from and how long will that last. You need weapons you can craft which are silent and ammo you can reuse and craft more of, guns are noisy and will bring people. Even a silenced weapon isn't silent only muffled.

Edit: Be wary of everyone you meets as they will most likely kill you to take whatever supplies you might have.

I generally agree to some extent here. Survival needs to be considered more so with food, water, medicine, and first aid. Basics of any survival at all is the rule of 3's... 3 minutes without air, 3 hours without heat and shelter, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food. This is of course a general guideline, not specific.

My argument for firearms is, let's say you do build up a supply of food, water, medicine, and various tools and such to help make things easier. If you've no way to defend these things, and yourself, how do you intend to keep them? Stocking up on ammo is great, it will run out eventually, so my rule is not be noticed if at all possible, then when needed to fight, bring it on big time. Eventually, however, those supplies will give out. One should plan to grow food to replenish it, as well as scavenge. Hunting should be kept to using bow and arrow, or cross bow, as it is quieter and you won't use precious firearm ammo for it. Traps work wonderfully as well. If you have the equipment and materials to do so, you can reload ammo. But you should take care to make it last, which means avoid trouble if you can.

In survival mode, everyone is an enemy until proven otherwise. This just means don't let your guard down, not even for women and kids. Doesn't mean shoot everyone on site. If survival is your goal, it doesn't do well to bring a bunch of attention to yourself as it tends to have the opposite effect.

Now, I'm speaking on all disasters in general here, not nuke/EMP specifically.

You all may think I'm nuts, but I do put away for emergencies of all sorts. One never knows when they'll lose a job, have a major quake, be invaded by aliens LOL Just kidding. It's just a good idea to make sure you can handle emergencies as best you can. Survival skills will always be useful, and if combined with technology to make it easier, all the better. You don't need to rub sticks together to start fire, for example. A 9v Battery and steel wool will do wonderfully.

Survival, theory on nukes/EMP, disaster preparedness, and things of this matter are beyond the scope of this forums, and if anyone wishes, I can direct them to where they can look for information of preparedness. As for me and mine, we'll just say I'll always have a roof over my family's head, food in our belly, and a way to keep warm. I've gone out of my way to make that happen and it hasn't been cheap. It also hasn't been the most expensive thing to do either, and can be kept as simple or complex as you feel like going.

When it comes to nukes and dirty bombs, my own plan is simply to just grab our crap and leave the area. Why stay if it's going to kill you? I don't anticipate nukes or things like that anytime soon, however. Well, maybe, but that depends on viewpoint and opinion mostly. We went as long as we did worrying over the U.S.S.R. nuking us for how long? And it never happened. The threat was real enough, but never happened. Same goes today with North Korea and Iran. All we know about their intent is what we're told by media. China is also a threat, and one I am more concerned with, but I don't think in terms of nukes with them. Just sheer man power would make war with them quite huge. I don't think anybody wants to see that, or war anywhere else for that matter. I fought in Iraq, so I can say it's not fun in the least.

Anyhow, enough of my rambling.

As for the Nuclear threat, the only real threat of it is for those countries that do not have it or an ally with it to back them against those that do. With both sides having it it basicly cancels out in a military sense as you have no sure way to prevent the other side from using theirs if you use your's. So its like the "my dad can beat up you're dad" thing from school.

Now beyond that there is a practical threat of self detonation, a country using it on their own soil in the event of a invasion or uprising. However this is just as unlikely as the above as it would require an enemy with the balls enough to push into the homeland of a country that is known to own and operate nuclear weapons.

So this threat pritty much only exists in games movies and books.

So .. The title pretty much explains a lot

If there was a nuclear apocalypse in the entire world. How would you survive, It would be awesome if everyone used the fallout series as a resouce of how to survive. Though you can use stuff that isnt from Fallout 3, New Vegas etc.

To keep it short...survive. :facepalm:

Assuming I had not been vaporize in the blast. :psyduck:

And a answer for the rest of you for your sake lives. Here's the definition for survive " To remain alive or in existence." Think about it. :geek: If you would like to hear the lecture of my point please let me know. ;D

I wish I grew up in the fallout universe.....would like to live in one of the fun vaults like 21, 69, or 77 with the puppets ....lol....... I always thought about what if there was a fallout game that the player wasn't from a vault......I wouldn't mind growing up with the enclave in a military instillation. I love all the propaganda that was on the radio in fallout 3. I have all the messages that President John Henry ever said memorized......I even have the fallout 3 radio messages playing in Fallout NV. "the values of our past shal be the foundation of our future." love that quote.

Well according to the laws of fallout.. If I stand just at the right distance, I'll be nuked into a ghoul!

Then apparently i'll live longer than all you human suckers!

Then I can become an mad scientist and eventually put my brain in a machine!

Muahhahahaahahahahahhahahahahhaha!

That right there is the definition of survival, or existence.

But yeah. In reality if I survived the first wave I'd be a lot more worried about the people who dropped the bombs attacking again, or invading.

Have we all just assumed there would be one big, simultaneous, worldwide nuclear fireworks show, then poof.. No winners? And no untouched countries? What about Switzerland?

I'm telling you now, my neighbors wouldn't be raping and killing each other over basic supplies either. Any apocalyptic event in the contemporary sense would in all likely hood NOT be a nuclear apocalypse, it would be more likely to see large scale biological attacks, or just advanced cluster bombing. So there would be an abundance food and water (maybe not readily and directly available but it would be there) and most likely a rapid loss of medical supplies, from the ridiculous amount of injuries and loss of many manufacturing capabilities (at least most of the mass manufacturers).

I'd say the first step would be to gather survivors while scavenging ruins for usables (also to bury or burn the dead, as horrible diseases come extremely quickly from such situations). After that would come rebuilding, both in a social sense and an architectural one.

All in all, it would be a horrible, horrible time that would be a lot more boring and subtly dangerous place than Fallout leads on.

@ModelV

You forgot to mention such redundant and lovely things as;

Cut shin on one of 600000000000 exposed rusty nails in ruins; DEAD (from blood poisoning due to lack of medical equipment)

also

Decide to have a child; Probably DEAD (from complications at birth and lack of painkillers)

and finally

Live long enough to see part of a new civilisation grow around you; DEAD (from invading colonists, who WON the war and need space from overcrowding)

The enclave remind me of resident evil movie. Even though the umbrella corp killed like 99% of humanity from the earth, they still continued experiments on the 1% after the apoclopse. I wonder If they ever get the FEV virus right...lol

Actually the RE live action movies 2-4 are not canon. The first one however is. Umbrella was dissolved at the end of Resident Evil 3 (the game.) where the incident at Racoon City was blown wide open thanks in part to Leon, Clair, Jill, Berry, Chris, and several other survivors.

Too summarize the progression of the RE plot after that, basicly other companys were formed and/or purchased/employeed former umbrella staff and research. They continued development of the virus, and engineered more BoW's which were sold to petty drug lords, and 3rd world countries as well as other corporations.