I will not be buying this game until they release the toolset.

Sunsnub

I have played all the titles in the franchise without ever using mods. We were talking about games at work and one of my young padewan apprentices asked me if I had tried modding the game. Well here I am downloading a ton of mods for fallout 4. I don't have the skills myself but it seems like there are plenty of people here who don't really need the toolkit to get the job done. I will try making my own mods when the new geck comes out but until then I am happy using the stuff people have come up with already. I am a master electrician and I have plenty of tools that don't come with the apprentice starter kit. I imagine some of the master modders here understand that analogy.

Honestly OP just sounds like he's butthurt for the sake of being butthurt.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, back in ye olde FO3 days, I wrote the first tutorial on how to make a non-replacer mod with a hex editor. So, yeah, some of us will even poke the socket with a wire, if that's what it gets the job done. And if it doesn, well, it keeps the EMTs on their toes :tongue:

I have played all the titles in the franchise without ever using mods. We were talking about games at work and one of my young padewan apprentices asked me if I had tried modding the game. Well here I am downloading a ton of mods for fallout 4. I don't have the skills myself but it seems like there are plenty of people here who don't really need the toolkit to get the job done. I will try making my own mods when the new geck comes out but until then I am happy using the stuff people have come up with already. I am a master electrician and I have plenty of tools that don't come with the apprentice starter kit. I imagine some of the master modders here understand that analogy.

Not everyone.

Today and right now, making new gear is hard. Removing things from cells seems like a bad idea, you can hardly script anything.

With the geck, we can make quests, towns, maybe change settlements size from north, west, east and south, add npcs, followers, script betters, change dialogue and many more. It also much easier to use.

Cant wait to see what you guys do with it. I have been playing around with the old GECK on Fallout New Vegas and it takes me a long time to do anything. Still plodding along the tutorial but I think its kinda cool new vegas has a vault I put there. But refusing to play the game without that ability? Each to their own I guess.

Not everyone.

Today and right now, making new gear is hard. Removing things from cells seems like a bad idea, you can hardly script anything.

With the geck, we can make quests, towns, maybe change settlements size from north, west, east and south, add npcs, followers, script betters, change dialogue and many more. It also much easier to use.

Yea, but you don't 'need' that to play the game. The game is complete. It has some visual mods to enhance the experience. Changing the entire game is intended for subsequent playthroughs anyway. Not to you, but why on earth would you say no to a game you don't know and not accept it how the developers intended it. That's basically insulting them.

Edited by AeonsLegend

eeh... i actually bought this game because of Skyrim..i figured.."well if it is half as good it´s worth it.."..trouble is...i stopped playing Skyrim!!..because..seriously?? FO4 does NOT ctd every other minute and it actually keeps running in spite of ooooohh..mods,many mods..and so many more when creation kit comes... but it runs flawlessly ..on ultra...damn ...i´m in love...(if my Wife asks,i did NOT profess my love to any other than her)...

Not everyone.

Yea, but you don't 'need' that to play the game. The game is complete. It has some visual mods to enhance the experience. Changing the entire game is intended for subsequent playthroughs anyway. Not to you, but why on earth would you say no to a game you don't know and not accept it how the developers intended it. That's basically insulting them.

Because he can?

Some find a lot of fault on both game. And just use as a modding platform.