Potential Database Breach

Dark0ne

I for one do not blame you or your efforts for this. We live in an age where hackers grow more and more advanced in their efforts and keeping up with the evil is never ending. Don't beat yourself up over this. Anyone with an ounce of sense will understand this is not your fault. You obviously are doing what can be done and your honesty in letting us all know is greatly appreciated. Edited by indycurt

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31561115. #31561180 is also a reply to the same post.

mokaiba wrote: im not worried about anyone getting into my email since I dont even know my email password. I have it written down because its just a bunch of randomness. eg, SJDHF&yhfsdhgf&*^#&*$TGFg375r2hdehfbghus <- like that lol
katleigh93 wrote: Hehehehe, thats the best kind to have mokaiba :D

I do this for all websites that i care about keeping others out. This was not one of them and had a really simple password because I didnt care if anyone gained access as they wouldnt gain anything from it. I think they gained access to my account but didnt change anything and only wrote down the email. I have noticed an increase of spam mail to my email address this past week. Just in case they try to change my password here, I went and changed it from my 'lower case eight-letter' password to an alphanumeric :)

btw, I dont use my real name or personal information anywhere as well. even facebook has a fake name for me. Edited by mokaiba

In response to post #31559215. #31561365 is also a reply to the same post.

sydney666 wrote: I love your site, and what you do for the community Dark0ne.

I have been installing well over 5-6gb of mods in the last week, and I noticed something odd when I installed a mod via NMM. My UAC said something was being installed and I, being tired just clicked on yes. Unfortunately I had installed about 10-15 mods and have no idea which mod caused the issue.

When I checked to see "what" was installed, it said it was Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. I googled it and it is something to do with the laptop mouse pad "thingy". I am on a pc and don't have this device at all. So I tried to uninstall it via Control Panel and it stated that the system could not uninstall the program because it was not installed. I ran a virus scan with Avast, used TDSkiller, Malwarebytes, ESET online scanner and many others and nothing was found.

Since this program installed, I get delays when typing in web browsers and oddly enough I have even lost 10-15 fps when using mods that alter the fallout 4 exe such as post processing mods using Reshade. Prior to this issue, I had no issues at all downloading any files or with any fps lags, even with the same presets using this method.

I am concerned that maybe one of the reshade template/preset mods may have had a virus "dll" in it, possibly a keylogger. The dll file is synlSDLL.dll

If you need more info, feel free to contact me.
umiluv wrote: I'm sorry to hear that happen. Good luck to you on getting it off your system. And thank you for your story to help others.

Try using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall this, or search for other programs of the same type to force the uninstallation. Optionally, also remove the driver in your driver manager. Edited by CreeperLava

In response to post #31559210.

Kaine12 wrote:

When I tried to change my password, I got this :

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah74/Desmond_Kaine_Tay/Nexus%20Sec_zpswm1hkuxv.jpg

Should I proceed?

Strange, I didn't get this window when I modified mine. Did you reload the page and retried ? Alternatively, Ctrl+F5 clears the cache, maybe that will fix it.

In response to post #31549740. #31549810, #31549880 are all replies on the same post.

Jokerine wrote: OH GOD. OH GOD. OKAY, MUST NOT PANIC, MUST NOT PANIC!

http://i.imgur.com/69zS5JG.gif

In all seriousness, thank you for the heads up, Dark0ne! Hope we can get to the bottom of this soon.
Insertnameplz wrote: PANIC PANIC PANIC!!! PANIC IN THE DISCO!
J Allin wrote: Don't panic Captain Mainwaring! Don't panic! Don't panic!! Don't Panic!!!

Oh, a fellow Stargate ! Hi !

In response to post #31559210. #31561830 is also a reply to the same post.

Kaine12 wrote:

When I tried to change my password, I got this :

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah74/Desmond_Kaine_Tay/Nexus%20Sec_zpswm1hkuxv.jpg

Should I proceed?

CreeperLava wrote: Strange, I didn't get this window when I modified mine. Did you reload the page and retried ? Alternatively, Ctrl+F5 clears the cache, maybe that will fix it.

I also didn't receive this message but someone on the Reddit post did. The recommendation was to wait until the security certificate was validated.

I downloaded Higher settlement budget on the 5th of December, and i got with it dsound.dll, and a reamdme file with instructions to place it in Fallout4 top folder, i never got the mod working ofcause. I didn't think of it as anything strange at the time. But when reading this i scanned the file with malawarebytes and ESET, but they didn't detect anything from the .dll file just to confirm what written in the article. I feel it to be a very strange thing to do, is this .dll file just a distraction? a mindf*#@?

And now the mod has been taken down for now.

Edited by grodmanen

In response to post #31559215. #31561365, #31561800 are all replies on the same post.

sydney666 wrote: I love your site, and what you do for the community Dark0ne.

I have been installing well over 5-6gb of mods in the last week, and I noticed something odd when I installed a mod via NMM. My UAC said something was being installed and I, being tired just clicked on yes. Unfortunately I had installed about 10-15 mods and have no idea which mod caused the issue.

When I checked to see "what" was installed, it said it was Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. I googled it and it is something to do with the laptop mouse pad "thingy". I am on a pc and don't have this device at all. So I tried to uninstall it via Control Panel and it stated that the system could not uninstall the program because it was not installed. I ran a virus scan with Avast, used TDSkiller, Malwarebytes, ESET online scanner and many others and nothing was found.

Since this program installed, I get delays when typing in web browsers and oddly enough I have even lost 10-15 fps when using mods that alter the fallout 4 exe such as post processing mods using Reshade. Prior to this issue, I had no issues at all downloading any files or with any fps lags, even with the same presets using this method.

I am concerned that maybe one of the reshade template/preset mods may have had a virus "dll" in it, possibly a keylogger. The dll file is synlSDLL.dll

If you need more info, feel free to contact me.
umiluv wrote: I'm sorry to hear that happen. Good luck to you on getting it off your system. And thank you for your story to help others.
CreeperLava wrote: Try using Revo Uninstaller to uninstall this, or search for other programs of the same type to force the uninstallation. Optionally, also remove the driver in your driver manager.

Synaptics is the driver suite for your touchpad/trackpad.

Now if you don't have a trackpad, and have never plugged one into your desktop I'd say it's weird that it's on there. but if it really is as you say the Synaptics Pointing Device, then I'd say its just the driver package.

In response to post #31561115. #31561180, #31561660 are all replies on the same post.

mokaiba wrote: im not worried about anyone getting into my email since I dont even know my email password. I have it written down because its just a bunch of randomness. eg, SJDHF&yhfsdhgf&*^#&*$TGFg375r2hdehfbghus <- like that lol
katleigh93 wrote: Hehehehe, thats the best kind to have mokaiba :D
mokaiba wrote: I do this for all websites that i care about keeping others out. This was not one of them and had a really simple password because I didnt care if anyone gained access as they wouldnt gain anything from it. I think they gained access to my account but didnt change anything and only wrote down the email. I have noticed an increase of spam mail to my email address this past week. Just in case they try to change my password here, I went and changed it from my 'lower case eight-letter' password to an alphanumeric :)

btw, I dont use my real name or personal information anywhere as well. even facebook has a fake name for me.

Difficulty to remember: maximum
Bits of entropy: maximum

But there are better ways: xkcd: Password Strength Edited by ultim8f8