Potential Database Breach

Dark0ne

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31556550. #31557865, #31558040, #31558295 are all replies on the same post.

azurkryptos wrote: Every site through the years, having had a breach and potentially losing my data or exposing me to viruses security breaches, should have done exactly what you have above:

1. Explain the situation/the companies thought process
2. Provide mitigation actions I should take
3. Provide legitimate apology
4. (the most important part)Explain actions they are taking to improve security.

I swear if they did, more humans would be cognizant of the level of threat their data is under and we might have a comprehensive set of laws, regulations, and technologies to limit the amount of cyber-crime, terrorism, and warfare, that excellent people like you are on the front lines of each day. You are a role-model for small and large companies alike about how these inevitable breaches should be handled.

BumNanner wrote: Seconded.

Explaining things as done so above does not break trust, it builds it.
Skippy0330 wrote: Well said. I feel the exact same way. No masking here.
cypher2999 wrote: I agree. Thanks for letting everyone know about the possible breach. You still have my full trust.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I love your site, and what you do for the community Dark0ne.

I have been installing well over 5-6gb of mods in the last week, and I noticed something odd when I installed a mod via NMM. My UAC said something was being installed and I, being tired just clicked on yes. Unfortunately I had installed about 10-15 mods and have no idea which mod caused the issue.

When I checked to see "what" was installed, it said it was Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. I googled it and it is something to do with the laptop mouse pad "thingy". I am on a pc and don't have this device at all. So I tried to uninstall it via Control Panel and it stated that the system could not uninstall the program because it was not installed. I ran a virus scan with Avast, used TDSkiller, Malwarebytes, ESET online scanner and many others and nothing was found.

Since this program installed, I get delays when typing in web browsers and oddly enough I have even lost 10-15 fps when using mods that alter the fallout 4 exe such as post processing mods using Reshade. Prior to this issue, I had no issues at all downloading any files or with any fps lags, even with the same presets using this method.

I am concerned that maybe one of the reshade template/preset mods may have had a virus "dll" in it, possibly a keylogger. The dll file is synlSDLL.dll

If you need more info, feel free to contact me.

Edited by sydney666

In response to post #31558720.

piotrmil wrote: Well, I never had trust in you to begin with, so nothing has been lost.

Geez, do you really have to be an ass?

In response to post #31556550. #31557865, #31558040, #31558295, #31558950 are all replies on the same post.

azurkryptos wrote: Every site through the years, having had a breach and potentially losing my data or exposing me to viruses security breaches, should have done exactly what you have above:

1. Explain the situation/the companies thought process
2. Provide mitigation actions I should take
3. Provide legitimate apology
4. (the most important part)Explain actions they are taking to improve security.

I swear if they did, more humans would be cognizant of the level of threat their data is under and we might have a comprehensive set of laws, regulations, and technologies to limit the amount of cyber-crime, terrorism, and warfare, that excellent people like you are on the front lines of each day. You are a role-model for small and large companies alike about how these inevitable breaches should be handled.

BumNanner wrote: Seconded.

Explaining things as done so above does not break trust, it builds it.
Skippy0330 wrote: Well said. I feel the exact same way. No masking here.
cypher2999 wrote: I agree. Thanks for letting everyone know about the possible breach. You still have my full trust.
Mcgan wrote: Exactly what I was thinking.

I agree. thank you for being so upfront and honest about the situation.

I agree, no trust broken Dark0ne. I dont believe there is any type of system that is 100% hack proof. if someone wants in bad enough, they will find a way. You all have done a wonderful job keeping our information safe, just understand your not gods, things happen. Getting the word out about this was the right move though, it shows you are not trying to keep us in the dark and for that I personally thank you.