ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

I need a home a real home not a settlement

gunslinger6792

I've spent hours upon hours trying to find a place to call home that isn't the home plate and thus far I've turned up nothing. I tried setting up shop in the secret loft/room above diamond cities gate but placing a workbench there wont work due to it wanting me to clear all enemies first (I've tried tgm) This leads me to the very painful conclusion that I need the geck. I made homes for Fallout 3 and FNV, hell I even made homes for skyrim that were never published. This is the first game though that I've gotten before the geck was released and the lack of modding ability is killing me. Not being able to edit simple things like items, weapons, or armor is beyond annoying. Furthermore the more I explore the more I just wish us modders could get to work and fix or expand on so many of the poorly done ideas or half finished ideas bethesda made. ok rant over.

You can use FO4Edit to add furniture and stuff to any location, it wont be fun to do since you have only X Y and Z coordinates to place them and no way to see without going into the game.

If I can copy an interior cells entrance to another location I'd be thrilled. I'll have to look into that.

OH NOOOOOOOEEESSSS

You fell into the same trap I did when I placed a workbench in Vault 111 :p

Toggle god mode (tgm)

Then hold down the 'V' key or whatever your workshop key is and it works. Also I recommend tcl-ing and placing the workbench under the map so it doesn't take up space and you can always use crafting benches to access your resources.

OH NOOOOOOOEEESSSS

You fell into the same trap I did when I placed a workbench in Vault 111 :tongue:

Toggle god mode (tgm)

Then hold down the 'V' key or whatever your workshop key is and it works. Also I recommend tcl-ing and placing the workbench under the map so it doesn't take up space and you can always use crafting benches to access your resources.

I tried god mod but I'll hold down V and see if that works this time.

You're probably not looking for a settlement, but I found Kingsport Lighthouse to be a perfect place for a home. You just clear out the enemies and don't build a radio beacon and you can keep the place for yourself. It's a wonderful location.