new fallout 4 update today broke my mods

RedBarrel

Same happened to me, I did this to fix it ..

1. Run NMM

2. Disable NMM closing when you launch the game (in settings)

3. Open FO4 launcher

4. Wait a couple of seconds (FO4 will disable all your mods here)

5. In NMM on the plug-ins tab, enable all mods

6. Hit play in the FO4 launcher

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think, at least in some part, their desire and plans for paid mods are involved?

This, for many back in Skyrim in the very first days if a mod broke your game it Beth's fault. That cased problems. It also very normal for patches to break mods or even save games for bugs to be fixed back then.

Now mods are broken and broke save games and the game, and many want a fix from beth. See?

I think it's more that they don't want to be responsible for people screwing up their games and/or save files when they haven't officially given them the tools yet. I'd imagine they're waiting till January, when they release their GECK, is when they give us back the ability to mod. (Officially)

Please don't bring up paid mods. Let this hellish matter rest until it raises again.

I know, but considering they are deleting posts describing work rounds on their forums, I would say their intentions are less than wholesome.

1. Run NMM

3. Open FO4 launcher

Thanks for posting, I was about to post the same thing. I've been using this method since the first week, and it works every time. In my opinion its the easiest/simplest method. The other methods outlined mean that you'll have to redo it each time there's an update, or possibly after every new mod you add. This way, instead, just a little patience and a few clicks,andy you're done.

That said, if you have more than 10 mods its probably a pain to do it this way - but at this stage any players that aren't playtesting mods, or aren't mod authors, you probably shouldn't have so many mods anyhow.

Because they made the mod block. Why would they allow workarounds if they made it?

Maybe I'm being overly skeptical, but considering many were wrong about it only being present inthe beta for testing integrity, I'd say there is at least some evidence that suggests some skepticism is warranted.

1. Run NMM

3. Open FO4 launcher

This works - thank you.

All of my settlement building mods where whiped out. Where I had glorious wall and fortifications they are all gone. Nothing not vanilla survived. I actually saw steam over write the lot. How do I make it so the game no longer needs steam. Steam appears to be the problem?

The solutions arent working, they are not coming back. I tried the various solutions posted. True in part, most of the mods are working again except the ones which took me longest to engage with and use in the game.

Aaah actually it did. Where I was looking earlier there was a save saving a version without them. Old save sorted it out.

Edited by Arioch13