Database Breach - An Update

Dark0ne

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31635470.

Arthmoor wrote: Good to know about the planned security enhancements, but if I may suggest, please offer something more than 2FA through a smartphone. Some of us don't have one, can't afford one, or don't want to provide that number to anyone over the internet for privacy reasons. I fall into the "can't afford" category for what it's worth, so some other method to enable this would be greatly appreciated.

I hope we can also implement some sort of system similar to how Facebook and Steam send access codes via email when an unrecognised login is received.

In response to post #31635345.

setiweb wrote: dsound.dll is a file you'll find popping up in Witcher 3 mods from time to time. Here are a couple of them that I found just by using the search description function. I know that there are more that refer to this file.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/143/
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/172/

I have it installed C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64\dsound.dll

Legitimately, as part of a correct mod, or are you telling us there's lots of mods we need to investigate for The Witcher 3?

In response to post #31635470. #31635895 is also a reply to the same post.

Arthmoor wrote: Good to know about the planned security enhancements, but if I may suggest, please offer something more than 2FA through a smartphone. Some of us don't have one, can't afford one, or don't want to provide that number to anyone over the internet for privacy reasons. I fall into the "can't afford" category for what it's worth, so some other method to enable this would be greatly appreciated.
Dark0ne wrote: I hope we can also implement some sort of system similar to how Facebook and Steam send access codes via email when an unrecognised login is received.

I agree, i dont use this, sites that demand it, i dont visit. "We just had a security breach, where they stole your email, now please give us your phone number as well", no thanks!!