School Project

Faust870

Ok i have this Media assignment...for my media class (duh), and I can't think of anything to do...The Assignment Is:

Identify a target audience and make a musical compilation (e.. Music for driving, preparing for a date, cleaning the house, doing homework)...

and I can't think of an audience, or any songs to go with one...if anyone knows of anything, help me out!!

EDIT: These must be real songs, that i can put on a CD...and they must be apprioprate for school

Okay, just get some of your friends together... Get one of them to be a human beatbox... The rest, including yourself, should start insulting and fighting each other, oblivious to the human beatbox. Record it (If you haven't, this isn't necessarily a big loss) and label it battle music. IIRC, that would be the genre that this would fall into, but I can't seem to remember the exact source from which I heard that phrase. However, if it's anything like the battle music in Morrowind, you're going to need a crossbow and a large prehistoric bird stuck in a tree before it can begin.

Call your compilation "Songs for Listening to Battle Music." It would be nigh-impossible for this title to not fit what your target audience is doing, but it would be slightly hard to form a customer base.

Okay, just get some of your friends together... Get one of them to be a human beatbox... The rest, including yourself, should start insulting and fighting each other, oblivious to the human beatbox. Record it (If you haven't, this isn't necessarily a big loss) and label it battle music. IIRC, that would be the genre that this would fall into, but I can't seem to remember the exact source from which I heard that phrase. However, if it's anything like the battle music in Morrowind, you're going to need a crossbow and a large prehistoric bird stuck in a tree before it can begin.

Call your compilation "Songs for Listening to Battle Music." It would be nigh-impossible for this title to not fit what your target audience is doing, but it would be slightly hard to form a customer base.

Classic.

:D :lol:

Right, my idea is...music to play games to. (Obvious really).

Right, when playing first person shooters, I listen to practically anything by Pantera and Sepultura because they are fast paced and violent, just like the games.

Right, let's check this...

Real songs, check.

Can put on CD, check.

Suitable for school.....oh dear. Maybe not, they are a bit :ranting: , if you get my meaning, but maybe you could come up with alternatives. ;)

Well im thinking of songs to do while doign homework...teachers would like that probably lol...just knowing that I actually DO my homework....so now I gotta find songs, so im doing some research :D

EDIT: If anyone knows of some good mellow songs...now head banging, or songs that while you listen to will make you want to bang on your binder... list the songs here if you know of any

On the inevitable occasions when I have to do housework or gardening, I listen to the band which may not be named on these forums (see ToS).

There is just the right amount of energy and aggression in the music - and the rhythm is just perfect for cleaning large windows.

:lol:

So your education system is encouraging you to find music and burn it to a CD? No offense, but unless you've been asked to MAKE the music your school is liable for legal action (or maybe its you? I don't know). Of course, there's always the question of what those in your class who don't have CD burners are meant to do, also.

This is, of course, unless you've been asked to identify the music, and create a playlist, but not actually burn the tracks to CD (or indeed download them).

Now, are you SURE this is actually a school assignment or is it (1) imaginary or (2) a little different to how you described it.

Here is the full assignment

You are to create a CD or audio-cassette collection of music aimed at a target audience.

You will choose and record music around a specific theme and then design the cover for the recording and write the liner notes.

Then you are going to design an advertisement to promote the CD and a media kit to market it to a group of investors interested in giving you money for the project.

When you are finished, you will hold a press conference to launch the project

Steps in creating a musical compilation

• - Identify a target audience and audience use for the musical compilation.
    - Choose music that will attract and server the target audience
    - Create an appropriate title and graphic deisn for the cover.
    - Write the liner notes, providing information in the appropriate voice. Incorporate graphics in the liner notes to add relevant information
    - Produce an ad for the compilation.
    - Present your CD at a media converence as though you were pitching to prospective financial backers
    - Write a media release and prepare a media kit for your CD.

Evaluation

You will be marked on completion, creativity, and how well you comprehend the necessary elements of the media...

Dark0ne, i even had a long debate with my Teacher, because she told us to download the songs... and i told her that that was illegal and known as piracy, and if i was to get fined, she would be paying... But than she just told me to get someone else to download them, i told her that im noting to encourage people to do illegal things, nor with i have anything to do with making someone get songs... So quite frankly, i dont know how im goign to do this, i will talk to her once again tomorrow, and tell her that this assignment isnt possible for me...if i fail it, ill complain at the office to the prinicpal i suppose...tell him that shes making us download songs...which is illegal...

Archived