settlement objects clipping through floor?

mikeb69

Ahoy y'all,

Just last night I was experiencing the same problem inside The Castle. Workshop furniture I kept trying to place inside the Castle itself - like where the kitchen, medical station and General's bedroom are for example - would clip through the floor and couldn't be placed. I found a temporary solution where (PC only) I no-clipped through the floor using the console (tcl) and placed flooring underneath the Castle floor and kept piling more on until it created a floor beneath the floor. I could then place objects on top. The downside was that it made it look ugly and because of the snapping tool, it sometimes wouldn't fit neatly into a single room.

However! I just found a mod which fixes the problem:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20558/?

So for all those still experiencing the problem or people who have just encountered it, here's a reliable fix.

• 1 month later...

Ahoy y'all,

Just last night I was experiencing the same problem inside The Castle. Workshop furniture I kept trying to place inside the Castle itself - like where the kitchen, medical station and General's bedroom are for example - would clip through the floor and couldn't be placed. I found a temporary solution where (PC only) I no-clipped through the floor using the console (tcl) and placed flooring underneath the Castle floor and kept piling more on until it created a floor beneath the floor. I could then place objects on top. The downside was that it made it look ugly and because of the snapping tool, it sometimes wouldn't fit neatly into a single room.

However! I just found a mod which fixes the problem:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20558/?

So for all those still experiencing the problem or people who have just encountered it, here's a reliable fix.

Kudos!

That bugfix by purpleonionx got it working for me!

THANKS A THOUSAND for sharing that link!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm enjoying rebuilding the Castle walls by hand. You can do wonders with wooden foundation blocks. I was able to build on the Castle interior floor again by disabling Scrap Everything. When I'm done messing about with the Castle rebuild, I'll turn SE back on. Unless I can figure out how to have both.

I did notice that when I disabled SE, some (but not all) of the things I scrapped returned. In Sanctuary, I'd slipped and scrapped a piece of roadway before I read the tutorial on how to disable that. I also scrapped a house and it's foundation and used it as a farming plot instead. Well, I returned to Sanctuary and found the road whole again. Yippee!

Then I couldnt find my farm. After some searching, I located the plants growing in the bedrooms of the house I'd scrapped to clear the area for crops. They were still producing food, too. :laugh:

EDIT: Annnd, I just found out that Scrap Everything has an optional file, Building Placement Fix, which addresses the Castle build clipping issue.

Edited by teahousefox

• 2 months later...

I modded Taffington Boathouse to address a Navmesh issue and ran into this problem afterward. I found that adding keyword WorkShopStackableItem with a value of 1.0 to the base object corrects this.

Edited by bw11430

I modded Taffington Boathouse to address a Navmesh issue and ran into this problem afterward. I found that adding keyword WorkShopStackableItem with a value of 1.0 to the base object corrects this.

Just an FYI, the reason this is true and works is because the mod breaks Pre-Combindes. (Not pointing fingers and saying bad!) Not all forms have the workshopStackableItem keyword by default but the keyword does get applied to everything included in Pre-Combined during generation. So, you’ll see this issue when they get disabled.

For more information please read https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5522717-fallout-4-optimization-and-performance-systems-explained/

• 1 month later...