Reunions quest won't start

atherbys

I've completed the investigation quest (I believe it's called) and I have dog meat sniff Kellogg's cigars in diamond city to get his scent. Dog meat then wanders slowly off and I can't engage him, there is no quest icon over his head either. The quest 'reunions' doesn't appear in my pip boy as well...

Is there a way to use a 'setstage' command in the console that might fix this since it's a primary quest?

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

Getting a clue completes, dogmeat sniff cigar, quest reunions doesnt start, dogmeat slowly walks to last home, no longer can talk to him. I think a mod broke it but I cant see any obvious issues in FO4edit

Edited by ual002

• 3 years later...

I know this is many years later since last post, but I still hope it helps anyone playing and running into this problem. I spent hours trying different suggestions from the internet community with no success. So, here is what I did to get the "Reunions" quest to start:

1) Completed "Get a Clue" quest (the one right before Reunions).

2) Activated the Reunioons quest from the PipBoy.

3) Tried to talk with Dogmeat to activate the quest, but he still didn't do anyting.

4) Exited Diamond City.

5) For some reason Dogmeat didn't follow me, even after a few tries. So, I had to summon him to the front entrance to Diamond City ( 1) Open up the Console by typing Tilde (~) 2) Type 'prid 0001d162', then press Return/Enter. 3) Type ' moveto player', Press Return/Enter. 4) Hit Tilde (~) again to close the console. Dogmeat should now be right next to you).

6) Once I summoned Dogmeat he took off on the quest line......

Good luck. Again, I hope this helps anyone/everyone trying to get this quest line started/working.

Kudos given for posting up your fix. That's good info to have, because I know I've gotten hit by this bug twice, back when I was on the PS4.

Granted, can't use console on the playstation, but still good info to have.

While I know that it's not always the cause for this bug, ONE cause of it, is that the quest items have different weight than the game originally set them at. Which can be a mod that alters junk items weight, or sets weights to zero. This is what I found, to avoid the bug on my playstation games after I started getting hit with it.

Kudos given for posting up your fix. That's good info to have, because I know I've gotten hit by this bug twice, back when I was on the PS4.

Granted, can't use console on the playstation, but still good info to have.

While I know that it's not always the cause for this bug, ONE cause of it, is that the quest items have different weight than the game originally set them at. Which can be a mod that alters junk items weight, or sets weights to zero. This is what I found, to avoid the bug on my playstation games after I started getting hit with it.

@StormWolf01: Kudos right back atcha! :wink: Thank you for follow-up post. Yeah, I'll have to look deeper into sorting/weight mods I have. Thank you again...………….

Much appreciated Thank you :)

No problem at all. Yeah, this is one of those game-breaking bugs. If you can't get past this quest, you can't proceed further down the storyline. So any help that we can put forth for avoiding or fixing it, is most definitely good to have :)

Mods change many things about Diamond City /restoration, expanded, overhaul and more/ cause problems with Dogmeat, and he can't find the exit because many of vanilla textures are changed. i have this problem before.

Try to speak to Dogmeat and only about found Kellog. No to found Shaun, because after that, Dogmeat not going to do anything.

if the Reunions quest don't start, after you exit with Valentine from Kellog home, go to Fort Hagen, without Dogmeat, and you meet him there, in front of the building, if you cross the stairs to the wall. Or if you knew all the things you must do, before you get to Fort Hagen, do that, and at the first clue, you see Dogmeat with you and i hope after that: the quest Reunions, start.

That's all. Thanks.