Is mixing up armors for each gender ok?

TrueBlackWidowmaker

Hallo @ all,

its some years ago when i played FNV. So when i started Fallout4 i was somehow suprised about the behavior of the game to ignore completely the gender of the actors. Perhaps it is so, to fulfill political correctness, or something like that, i dont know. What i know is that i dont like that behavior. I have no problems with the sexual orientation of other people. But for me i know, that i am a hetero. I know and dont believe this, because i ve tried that out.

So my idea is to change somehow this behavior of the game. I want to start with the outfits. I want to make a crossover of similar outfits. Let me make an example:

If a male PC wears a tuxedo, than it is a tuxedo. But when he give this tuxedo to an female NPC and equip her with the tuxedo, then it is tranformed to a feathered dress. When a male PC kills a NPC and take her slinky red dress and put it on, then it turns to a clean black suit.

I want to realize that behavior simply with changing the pathnames of the meshes entries of AA-armor-records of male /female meshes. Therefore i will just take the pathname of the OutfitF of a male dress and swap it with the coresponding female dress.

Now the question is, could this changes cause some problems or is something like that safe to use?

My favorite outfit for my female player character is the clean black suit...

Back in older titles it had a mid length skirt. I simply wear T-shirt and jeans, Then strap stuff to it. I love how it looks.

Now the question is, could this changes cause some problems or is something like that safe to use?

The only issues is that some npcs will look odd. Yet again, back your saves and try.

Should be good to do. I'm thinking make two armor addons, one for the tuxedo without a female model reference and one

feathered dress without the male model reference. Stick them together on an armor and I think you should be good to go.

Though maybe add it as a standalone armor and maybe add it to the inventory gen on some npc's? So some might still

have a 'choice' of unisex clothing =]

Though maybe add it as a standalone armor and maybe add it to the inventory gen on some npc's? So some might still

have a 'choice' of unisex clothing =]

But the intension of the mod is clear to prevent players from unisex behavior of the game. If a user wants the unisex behavior, than he just dont use the mod.

I wouldnt integrate this in my main mode, but offers a "DLC" for my overhaul and one for the vanilla game, where male-/female-outfits are swapped. The DLC wouldnt do anything else. If a user dont want unisex he just overrides my mode and/or the vanilla game with that DLC.

The insecurity involved here is... mind-boggling. Nobody's forcing you to equip any kind of gear. Just have a female character wear a dress if you want. I truly don't understand the point of this. You say "just don't use the mod if you don't like it" which is true... but what's the point of making it in the first place? Are you going to try to remove leathers and the like from female raiders?

But the intension of the mod is clear to prevent players from unisex behavior of the game. If a user wants the unisex behavior, than he just dont use the mod.

I wouldnt integrate this in my main mode, but offers a "DLC" for my overhaul and one for the vanilla game, where male-/female-outfits are swapped. The DLC wouldnt do anything else. If a user dont want unisex he just overrides my mode and/or the vanilla game with that DLC.

I meant it more as a 'choice' for npc's, so one might still see a few women in suits and such ;]

Here's one reason for this: the tux and the red dress have different stats. (The red dress actually has the second highest charisma boost in the game.) The first time my burly soldier put on the red dress to pass a persuasion check, it was hilarious, but after awhile the novelty wears off and I wouldn't mind if the "red dress" looked a lot like a suit.

Here's one reason for this: the tux and the red dress have different stats. (The red dress actually has the second highest charisma boost in the game.) The first time my burly soldier put on the red dress to pass a persuasion check, it was hilarious, but after awhile the novelty wears off and I wouldn't mind if the "red dress" looked a lot like a suit.

I feel like this could be fixed more easily by adjusting the bonuses of other items rather than changing the models dependent on sex. I think that if you really want more female NPCs wearing dresses you could change out the clothing in the level lists to where they'll spawn with the dresses instead of other items such as suits or the drifter outfit.