Vault Girl Mod Development Thread

Deleted4077875User

If

I'm glad i caught this before updating the mod. tbh I'm not crazy about the new look but I simply like the old one better. I think it would've been far better if you would simply make it an option just like all the others instead of doing away with it completely and risk losing a portion of the people who have followed this mod from day one, however, it is not my mod and the decision is ultimately yours to make.

I'll make one more update that still includes everything that has been made with the previous Vault Girl and that will remain available on this thread.

Not going to please everyone. Me changing directions isn't destroying all the copies of the mod people have already been enjoying in their games.

Unlike other modders I'm not completely removing my mods from the internet.

EDIT

Also feel free to update because the last version uploaded 1.8 from before I made this decision and you'll probably love it. The next update (1.9) will still include all of it and a little more. I won't be making new stuff with that design, but everything I made with her will be available.

Thank you for at least giving us everything you possibly can.

Any change that you'll have stuff available for someone to continue it with the current playstyle, should someone who knows how to do it want to?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, BigCMan, thank you for your ongoing efforts--I'm sorry to hear that you're not continuing with your default Vault Girl (with the bob hair), as that was my preferred one, but it sounds like you have good reasons and I'm grateful for the work you've put in.

Second, has anyone encountered issue where installing the mod seems to have a lot of gaps/missing things? Not just unfinished stuff, like some of the Pip-boy status screen having the modified head but the default body (quite amusing looking). No idea what could be causing this, I installed it via M.O. (I don't use NMM for FO4 due to the profile issue)--I enable the patches for DEF_UI which keeps from crashing, but a lot of the elements seem missing. By contrast, Vault Girl STATS works--granted this mod is in Alpha, but it does seem like the basic stat screen should be working (since you can chose different bodies, you can see how it's suppose to look in the image gallery, etc.). Are there specific mods that will overwrite the modifications?

EDIT: To do some tests, I created a new character with no mods aside from this one--and the same issues appeared. Which is somewhat good as it suggests its not a mod conflict! On the other hand, I'm completely stumped as to what could be causing the issue. I know the animation mods are flash files, maybe I've overzealously removed something needed from that?

The mod has installed using NMM without a hitch for me and others. This is probably an issue with your mod installer. If you don't want to use NMM I recommend a manual install.

That's certainly a possibility--I'll need to go ahead and take a crack at that, first through a profile, than through a direct installation. Ironically, the only reason I'm using MO is because NMM after 0.56 (or thereabouts) added profiles and made them mandatory, an infinitely wise decision, and I wasn't in the mood to lose the ~230 mods I had in Skyrim in actual working order (thank god I backed everything up).

Also, your new model looks great, very cute--hope you'll put in other options (bandanna, etc.) if you have the time like you did originally. Digging the tanktop/shorts look!

If you're making a new girl does this mean you intend to make a perks menu version after all in the name of allowing for people to have consistency all around?

Maybe. To me it's more important to get all the hud stuff done and all the perks within the pipboy and all the pipboy menus because I know how to do that. If I could just make the colored versions of the perks and have someone else insert them into the perk menu that would be great.

If

I'm glad i caught this before updating the mod. tbh I'm not crazy about the new look but I simply like the old one better. I think it would've been far better if you would simply make it an option just like all the others instead of doing away with it completely and risk losing a portion of the people who have followed this mod from day one, however, it is not my mod and the decision is ultimately yours to make.

I'll make one more update that still includes everything that has been made with the previous Vault Girl and that will remain available on this thread.

Not going to please everyone. Me changing directions isn't destroying all the copies of the mod people have already been enjoying in their games.

Unlike other modders I'm not completely removing my mods from the internet.

EDIT

Also feel free to update because the last version uploaded 1.8 from before I made this decision and you'll probably love it. The next update (1.9) will still include all of it and a little more. I won't be making new stuff with that design, but everything I made with her will be available.

Thank you for at least giving us everything you possibly can.

Any change that you'll have stuff available for someone to continue it with the current playstyle, should someone who knows how to do it want to?

Are you asking if I would allow someone to continue on with the previous version of Vault Girl Mod? Sure but they'd need to make their own thread. Every upload of my mod includes the work files for everything in the mod. So this stuff has always been available. Almost no one has made use of it. Also there is already someone trying to continue my F3 and NV mods.

First, BigCMan, thank you for your ongoing efforts--I'm sorry to hear that you're not continuing with your default Vault Girl (with the bob hair), as that was my preferred one, but it sounds like you have good reasons and I'm grateful for the work you've put in.

Second, has anyone encountered issue where installing the mod seems to have a lot of gaps/missing things? Not just unfinished stuff, like some of the Pip-boy status screen having the modified head but the default body (quite amusing looking). No idea what could be causing this, I installed it via M.O. (I don't use NMM for FO4 due to the profile issue)--I enable the patches for DEF_UI which keeps from crashing, but a lot of the elements seem missing. By contrast, Vault Girl STATS works--granted this mod is in Alpha, but it does seem like the basic stat screen should be working (since you can chose different bodies, you can see how it's suppose to look in the image gallery, etc.). Are there specific mods that will overwrite the modifications?

EDIT: To do some tests, I created a new character with no mods aside from this one--and the same issues appeared. Which is somewhat good as it suggests its not a mod conflict! On the other hand, I'm completely stumped as to what could be causing the issue. I know the animation mods are flash files, maybe I've overzealously removed something needed from that?

The mod has installed using NMM without a hitch for me and others. This is probably an issue with your mod installer. If you don't want to use NMM I recommend a manual install.

That's certainly a possibility--I'll need to go ahead and take a crack at that, first through a profile, than through a direct installation. Ironically, the only reason I'm using MO is because NMM after 0.56 (or thereabouts) added profiles and made them mandatory, an infinitely wise decision, and I wasn't in the mood to lose the ~230 mods I had in Skyrim in actual working order (thank god I backed everything up).

Also, your new model looks great, very cute--hope you'll put in other options (bandanna, etc.) if you have the time like you did originally. Digging the tanktop/shorts look!

Thanks! Yes I want to have all those options available and more as they get made. :)

any new for the 1.9 version ? I'm so looking for it

Progress is being made. Trying to figure out how much I want to finish before releasing another update and how much I'll save for the next update after. I'm leaning towards keeping the vault meat looking vault girl on as an option, but don't plan on adding more content with her after this next update. I've been working on Special animations for the other Vault Girl's and working on the signs and posters with them. I would also like to get some of the main UI stuff made for them too, like the inventory screen. I started making a colored version of the special animations of the new Vault Girl so that lazyradly can put them into the perk menu file. That part will probably have to wait until the 2.0 update, the process is slower than I thought it would be.

http://i.imgur.com/7Acfzcb.jpg