Horses?

ManxmanoftheNorth

From my limited knowledge, Fallout 4 and Skyrim run on similar, if not the same engines

Just because it the same doesn't mean it even possible.

Maybe someone will make it someday who knows? But making new models, animations, sounds is 50x harder than a use-able car/bike or a mountable wasterland creature.

Even though the Skyrim and FO4 engines are very similar, they are NOT the same. If they were, you'd be able to use the Skyrim CK with FO4 ;] Anyway, all the mechanics for mounts 'n all are not present in FO4. So it would be possible to add mounts, but you'd most likely need to scratch build everything. Not sure it's possible yet though, might need to wait for the CK.

It is all possible, if you have the developer tools at your disposal.

Skyrim's horses require a few things like animations of getting on and off (and they seem to fade the screen to make it easy, lazy dev). But other games like Witcher did it pretty well. The hardest part is animating horse riding so the characters do not clip through the horse body while the whole "thing" look smooth as you ride the horse. And all these collisions against world object calculation, the collision block should be bigger than a person, and then not to mention all the shooting/melee weapon swinging animations, first person animations, and player getting hit off the horse. So it is both heavily development on visual graphic side and gameplay calculation side. I am sure motorcycle would have a lot less problems (since we don't need the galloping up and down animation), but gameplay calculation wise is just as hard. Modders are freelancers who do not have available tools and resources, even with GECK, it is still far limiting comparing to what Bethesda developers have. And they have 3D artists, animation artists, and game designers working in conjunction for days to make this right, because this is a big feature.

Story wise, I do want to see horses, even 2 head horses. Because, come on, if cows survive, horses survive. And more than ever, humans will need some organic rides that do not rely on fuel (or fusion core) since manufacturing industry is basically down to some guys tinkering at the work stations in some caves.

I am learning Unity engine right now, so I do have a concept of physics in game engine. The game engine also has built-in pre-programmed scripts available to use. But that is Unity. What about Gambyro? This is like importing a GTA5 into Fallout 4. Tbh, GTA5 is a pretty terrible FPS or TPS, its merit is in the driving game (along with other features involving driving). It is the first and only game (that I know) that makes safe driving matters, you crash, you may wreck the car and kill yourself. But Fallout 4 is so much more fun when I feel more "myself" when running around.