⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Unusually long load times addressed in Fallout 4 Beta Patch 1.3.47

SirSalami

In response to post #33571090. #33594520, #33605155, #33614635, #33630775, #33638860 are all replies on the same post.

Mainframe wrote: blah... Am I the only person here whos tired of trying to that all elusive perfect modded game? I speak as a player/smalltime modder since Morrowind. I remember dumping money into a system for Oblivion..hearing oh get a ATI card & ur set. Blah blah blah. I've built system after system & I know it's my fault. I do. I just can't run these games @ default settings. Their ulgy..just plain darn ulgy. You have LOD popin (which drives me nuts!) and an assortment of nonsense that comes with this buggy engine. Build a game with a 32bit exe..why not? have some whacky built in memory limit that crashes your game..sure thing!

Bethesda I'm tired. So tired. I want to play your games. And yeah I know ok. I'm adding more stress on myself with the mods. I get it. I've tried to go clean. To stop abusing myself with these delicious little community induced acid trips. Oh lord have I. But I can't. I can't stop letting modders fix issues that you yourself have ever even commented on.

So yeah I deal with the slow texture loading in F04 with ini settings. And I deal with shadows that tank my GTX Titan (bought to run Skyrim @ max modded goodness..and couldn't due to that memory limit)..and Godrays..oh Godrays how you tank my system but how I want the eye candy....

Ok rant aside. please on the next game get a new freaking engine. STOP talking about the new engine your using when we all know it's the same pos when new paint!

Oh and load times are about the same here after the beta upgrade..thou I'm using a regular HDD
GWDarcX wrote: Man did I enjoyed reading ur Comment and do i agree with you, fine Sir. Keep on Struggeling. Even if it is not worth it, when u think about it in the End. (There is no End. Too - many - Moooods!)

Mainframe wrote: lol
DeMocha wrote: Something of a love-hate relationship with these games to me.

Love the game/s, but i got to agree they need a NEW engine. NOT a upgrade of an upgrade of an upgrade. Especially when many of the same issues still exist from Morrowind, memory leak, loading time increase, save file bloating leading to corruption.
newfy69 wrote: Like many, I've been at Beth's games for years.... and overall, they helped me fill in allot of "personal down time".
Unfortunately, the "filled down time" was mostly due to the need to spend hours upon hours fixing things... mostly via modders (thanks guys/gals).

To date, I've ran through FO4 and most, if not all, quests two times.... and cannot do a third, I just have no interest at all in continuing.
I find the content lacking big time, quests are garbage for the most part, hate the companion system all together.
There are a few memorable npc's, but most are crap and suk big time.
Quest triggers not going off, texture pop ins, tired of having to tweak this, tweak that....forever tweaking.

And don't get me started on settlements.
If I wanted SIMS, I'd buy SIMS... OK !
I like the concept, but it's way to involved and takes away from any storyline (what storyline).
Simply put, WHY must the General build everything, manage everything, fix everything, ... Where are the minuteman, why are they not protecting the settlers ?
Why must I rescue every god damn retard settler ?
How da cluck do 3 bandits get into a heavily fortified settlement with 20 settlers fully armed and armored....with walls and lasers all over the place and cause issues...
lololol.... you get my meaning I am sure.

On a POSITIVE note, I've recently been introduced to Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.
WOW.... I didn't know what enjoyment, exploration, epic battles, awesome magic and effects were all about.... until now.
You guys want a good/great experience.....I'd suggest giving this title a twirl.
It's the first time in years for me that a game caught my attention like this one.

Goodbye Beth..... like a bad wife, you sucked the life out of me for years.
gmbee wrote: No matter how fast this title will load from a hdd or ssd in the future, for me, Fallout 4 is the black sheep of the Family. It has a vague atmosphere, feels pale and hollow, and I dont even want to start about this rediculous shootification, which follows a completely wrong path, a path Dead Space 3 already fell victim to (and what awesome games DS1 and 2 were). Sad to see where this is going.

Amen dude, you are so damn right.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After this update my textures started taking forever to load, and fast traveling straight up would freeze and it would show a loading sign for a minute or two before I could move. I reverted back to the patch right before this and everything is good again. Guess I'll wait for the next patch. My game runs 99% perfect on the older patch anyway.

In response to post #33571090. #33594520, #33605155, #33614635, #33630775, #33638860, #33644130 are all replies on the same post.

Mainframe wrote: blah... Am I the only person here whos tired of trying to that all elusive perfect modded game? I speak as a player/smalltime modder since Morrowind. I remember dumping money into a system for Oblivion..hearing oh get a ATI card & ur set. Blah blah blah. I've built system after system & I know it's my fault. I do. I just can't run these games @ default settings. Their ulgy..just plain darn ulgy. You have LOD popin (which drives me nuts!) and an assortment of nonsense that comes with this buggy engine. Build a game with a 32bit exe..why not? have some whacky built in memory limit that crashes your game..sure thing!

Bethesda I'm tired. So tired. I want to play your games. And yeah I know ok. I'm adding more stress on myself with the mods. I get it. I've tried to go clean. To stop abusing myself with these delicious little community induced acid trips. Oh lord have I. But I can't. I can't stop letting modders fix issues that you yourself have ever even commented on.

So yeah I deal with the slow texture loading in F04 with ini settings. And I deal with shadows that tank my GTX Titan (bought to run Skyrim @ max modded goodness..and couldn't due to that memory limit)..and Godrays..oh Godrays how you tank my system but how I want the eye candy....

Ok rant aside. please on the next game get a new freaking engine. STOP talking about the new engine your using when we all know it's the same pos when new paint!

Oh and load times are about the same here after the beta upgrade..thou I'm using a regular HDD
GWDarcX wrote: Man did I enjoyed reading ur Comment and do i agree with you, fine Sir. Keep on Struggeling. Even if it is not worth it, when u think about it in the End. (There is no End. Too - many - Moooods!)

Love the game/s, but i got to agree they need a NEW engine. NOT a upgrade of an upgrade of an upgrade. Especially when many of the same issues still exist from Morrowind, memory leak, loading time increase, save file bloating leading to corruption.
newfy69 wrote: Like many, I've been at Beth's games for years.... and overall, they helped me fill in allot of "personal down time".
Unfortunately, the "filled down time" was mostly due to the need to spend hours upon hours fixing things... mostly via modders (thanks guys/gals).

To date, I've ran through FO4 and most, if not all, quests two times.... and cannot do a third, I just have no interest at all in continuing.
I find the content lacking big time, quests are garbage for the most part, hate the companion system all together.
Quest triggers not going off, texture pop ins, tired of having to tweak this, tweak that....forever tweaking.

I like the concept, but it's way to involved and takes away from any storyline (what storyline).
Simply put, WHY must the General build everything, manage everything, fix everything, ... Where are the minuteman, why are they not protecting the settlers ?
How da cluck do 3 bandits get into a heavily fortified settlement with 20 settlers fully armed and armored....with walls and lasers all over the place and cause issues...

On a POSITIVE note, I've recently been introduced to Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.
WOW.... I didn't know what enjoyment, exploration, epic battles, awesome magic and effects were all about.... until now.
You guys want a good/great experience.....I'd suggest giving this title a twirl.
It's the first time in years for me that a game caught my attention like this one.

gmbee wrote: No matter how fast this title will load from a hdd or ssd in the future, for me, Fallout 4 is the black sheep of the Family. It has a vague atmosphere, feels pale and hollow, and I dont even want to start about this rediculous shootification, which follows a completely wrong path, a path Dead Space 3 already fell victim to (and what awesome games DS1 and 2 were). Sad to see where this is going.
DeklanLePek wrote: Amen dude, you are so damn right.

Good thing FO4 is 64-bit.

"As usual, I have something else for you"

My graphics are excellent the game engine is good no lag or load issues running a fair amount of mods 15 as opposed to 127 in Skyrim. I played the game unmodded to finish the main quest line then decided to mod. I was going to go for the Beta but it sounds like a mire of Lurks!!

Then again it is Beta, and that means if it's broken tell the devs, at least that's what it use to mean, not sure after reading some of these very entertaining comments in this thread and the previous one. I'm still waiting to update the NMM to the next level. I built my recent system just for this game and onward. with 4 gig of ddr5 on the GPU alone. Guess I'll just keep watching and play the game until it becomes clear there are real fixes to the issues.

As far as people using the old way to optimize mods by editing the INI file, I 've noticed that a lot of the modders are still telling people to edit the file with the old way when in fact the NMM wiki clearly states that it causes long load issues and to NOT do that.

Looks like someone needs to reach out to the mod community as a whole and tell them not to tell people to edit the file in that manner!

My load times are exactly as they have always been. Beta or stable. It's still up to 45 seconds. However, there is def some issue with the beta patch and nVidia GeForce Experience. With the beta, it wants me to LOWER my settings by 1/4. I am not sure why because even on max settings, my game runs smoothly with beta or stable. So am not sure what has changed.

In response to post #33571090. #33594520, #33605155, #33614635, #33630775, #33638860, #33644130, #33673835 are all replies on the same post.

DeklanLePek wrote: Amen dude, you are so damn right.
Timerider42 wrote: Good thing FO4 is 64-bit.

LOL I have around 100 mods so load times are a bit longer then normal but I can deal with that.