DDoS attack on sites [Updated]

Dark0ne

So...that's why the website wasn't working a few days ago. What happened to the kid? Was he like arrested or like just IP-banned?

Don't think nailing someone who is bothering a non-commercial website in another country is a very high priority for the authorities in Latvia... :whistling:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idiot has started trying to do his DoS attacks again but it was so negligible I didn't even notice until the sites did their daily backups. I'll keep monitoring it on the off chance he has a clue, but right now, he doesn't.

I did have trouble accessing the site briefly around that time but it may be unrelated. You're a very merciful person. As it turns out, according to the Latvian embassy in London, Bilateral Relations>Bilateral Agreements page, Latvia and the UK have signed a "Memorandum of Understanding on co-operation in combating crime, illegal drugs transit and terrorism (02.11.2000)"

I wonder if he has a concept of what that could mean to him if Krystal ever gets tired of it. There's also a fairly reasonable argument that legally the crimes may be taking place in the UK where the servers are, even though he is elsewhere. The kid should be thankful no actions are being taken against him legally so far.

I'm sorry if this question seems prudent or (as one might say) outrageous, but did the member attack this site with one computer dedicated to this, or several?

Also, I have to congratulate everyone responsible for running this site for the lack of impact this atrocious attack has caused. 3 cheers!

"Message to the www.thenexusforums.com i lost a battle not the war remember that !"

"Message to the www.thenexusforums.com The best defense is a good offense !"

I find him rather amusing to listen to. He seems to be making himself look worse at every opportunity.