fallout music

maybemeandyou

So i was listening to the soundtrack during gameplay of fo4, and found it....lacking a bit. excellent no doubt! but I also play 1/2, 3 and nv so i have heard it all. I have two questions guys!

first question is, do you enjoy this soundtrack more than the previous titles? not just radio but the whole soundtrack, ambiance, battle etc...

second question, this may be almost a little off topic, i scoured the internet for an answer and cant find one, but how was the music from fo1 and 2 made? was it synthed together or orchestrated or layered...? i cant find info on it, this music happens to me my favorite of every installment. (p.s. there was bits of fo1 and 2s ost in new vegas, listen to nv carefully!)

cheers

So i was listening to the soundtrack during gameplay of fo4, and found it....lacking a bit. excellent no doubt! but I also play 1/2, 3 and nv so i have heard it all. I have two questions guys!

first question is, do you enjoy this soundtrack more than the previous titles? not just radio but the whole soundtrack, ambiance, battle etc...

second question, this may be almost a little off topic, i scoured the internet for an answer and cant find one, but how was the music from fo1 and 2 made? was it synthed together or orchestrated or layered...? i cant find info on it, this music happens to me my favorite of every installment. (p.s. there was bits of fo1 and 2s ost in new vegas, listen to nv carefully!)

cheers

Ambient and combat music is nicely done in FO4, especially when you do large fights or with tough enemies.

The Radio Stations in FO4 are a bit disappointing. We have a few new songs put into the game but not enough, IMO, especially since the game rehashes older ones from FO1-3.

For the FO3 style of 2 main radio stations, GNR and Enclave Radio, there's nothing of that level in FO4. We have DCR which is the best station in the game (IMO). But the others just aren't as memorable as Enclave Radio.

first question is, do you enjoy this soundtrack more than the previous titles?

Quite a bit more actually. I liked the way Inon Zur perfected what is probably the Fallout theme now. These touches of piano were very good. I liked the ambient instrumentation, especially the bagpipes, sounds very good. The Institute music has a very Mass Effect style, which is both refreshing in context of the game and cool. And of course the hybrid-orchestral battle themes were on point ( maybe lacked a bit of punch due to too much reverb ). I wished the quality of the tracks in-game was better, sounds very low bitrate to me.

I've always loved Inun Zur's music - but I think it's not quite as smoothly and cleverly implemented in the game as Jeremy Soule's was in Skyrim for instance.

I get looping single tracks WAY too often (no idea if it's a bug or not at this point), especially in places like Sanctuary or the Castle or the Prydwen where you're bound to go fairly often and spend quite some time. It got annoying to the point that I can't bear listening to these tracks any longer, which is a damn shame because they are actually good.

Every cell in Skyrim used an ambient mix of at least 5 or 6 different tracks (sometimes more), I could play for hours before noticing any loop. I don't remember being too bothered by tracks loops in F03 or NV either. But in F04, there are some cells I just want to leave as fast as I can just because of the looping music. If Bethesda doesn't fix this (very unlikely I'd think), this will definitely need modding in my opinion.

Actually, I abhor the music in FO4 (and many, if not ALL, other games.
Game music is so dead, lacks of every and all form of life, IMHO.
Now, my personal solution is: YouTube.
Made my own playlist there, with, I think, about.... 3K songs?
And played on Shuffle, meaning that I won't hear a song twice soon...

But, that's me.

Hell no.
I like for instance Black or Death Metal for killing.
Or Beethoven.
Or the Von Trapp fami.... no wait... :tongue:

As to answer your question, well, not that long really.
I knew what i wanted, and add still to it.
It's a potpourri ranging from Baroque/Classical over 40's to 90's, a very few later songs, Metal, Punk, to bagpipe, Japanese Drum, Didgeridoo, ....

About bagpipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsxjXArvdXU

Edited by Klipperken