The most horrifc sight you have witnessed in Fallout 4

Laz3456

I have over 700 hours playing the game and I have never once used any weapon with the word pipe in the name. A ballistic weapon with no rifling is just garbage and it is beyond me why the game developers would include so many of them. A laser rifle with a crank? WTF are you serious? A homemade .50 caliber pipe gun with no stock now that's horrific.

LOL, no more "horrific" than Junk Guns that can shoot teddy bears and 8-balls to obliterate people with or guns that shoot railway spikes. No more horrific than driving a nail onto a board to be used as a weapon. No more horrific than using a pool cue as a weapon. Those have been around for quite a while in the franchise now :laugh:

Edited by Warmaker01

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to shoot dead ferals in the head as I go along to cleave the top of the head off (it doesnt get old for me lol) did this in a toilet cubicle once, ragdoll physics went a little nuts and launched the feral corpse head first into toilet with the body banging against the cubicle wall again and again! was like Trainspotting in the worst toilet on scottland

Pipe weapons are meant to be made by people who know nothing about guns.

From what I have seen from you comment they did well!

I'm just not getting that idea. I may not be a Gun Nut 3, but I've had to take apart the service weapons in the army, and I can tell you that someone who really knows nothing about guns ain't gonna design a semi-auto rifle any time soon.

And as a wannabe history geek, I can look at the timeline of their development, even by highly educated geniuses with teams and labs and all. If you want to go from knowing nothing about making a self-loading rifle, to nailing a reliable design, that took a lot of time. It's not something that every other raider will just figure out on his own.

So actually I'd say that pipe weapons were made by people who had already figured out guns pretty darned well. Now probably it was by taking apart existing guns and figuring out how they work, and maybe moving through fixing existing guns before designing one. But nevertheless they had figured out guns pretty well before they designed a working FO4 pipe gun.

Which is also why it doesn't surprise me that they figured out rifling too.

What pipe-guns really are is, well, basically figuring out how to make a working gun with limited supplies and tools, and none of them particularly high quality. Even getting the tolerances low enough for that gun to work with off-the-shelf ammo and stuff, that's actually more of a challenge in that setup, than at the Springfield Armoury in the 21st century USA.

So again, my take would be that, realistically, there are some guys and gals out there that know a LOT about guns.

Agreeing with Moraelin here and adding aesthetics. You couldn't make something that functioned reliably that looked that awful, so you might not want to waste effort prettying the thing up but fence-wire holding it together indicates an unfeasably low level of engineering that excludes the possibility of the damn gun firing more than two rounds before jamming or blowing up the users face - which would be a mod I'd dearly love to see!

[Edit] http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3774235-pipe-guns-bow-up/

Edited by SayinNuthin

Hmm, well, I suppose that an (incompetent) open bolt design could mis-chamber and still fire, causing the cartridge to explode. A closed bolt design, probably not so much. I would expect a lot of jams and similar malfunctions, though, given the general condition of the weapon.

Speaking of horrible sights, coming out of Kellogg's place and finding the dog right in front of the door and ready to pick the scent. I'm like, geeze, I was going to do that LATER, ok? Don't rush me. :wink:

And why's everyone trying to get me to go get the kid from Kellogg, for Thor's sake? What am I, Mr Saves Everyone? Last I heard, last guy who tried to save everyone, got nailed to a bit o' wood for his troubles. I ain't touching that with a ten foot lance.

But seriously, Geesh. You help a couple of peasants, and they start just assuming that you're just anxious to save the next mark... Amirite?

And why do I have to save him, anyway? I mean, Kellogg went through a lot of trouble to get that kid. He should have thought about it before he did it, not expect me to save him from his own bad decisions :wink:

But seriously, Geesh. You help a couple of peasants, and they start just assuming that you're just anxious to save the next mark... Amirite?

"No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

- Mr Incredible