Beta is going live!

Boombro

I still can't get Preston back as a companion. I blew the Institute up and all I keep getting is "The Institute is gone" blah blah blah I blew EVERYONE up blah blah blah. Not only that, he keeps walking away during the conversation so it never fully completes.

The game also now crashes when I scrap something in a settlement so now I have to keep an eye out on one of the various mods I use. Actually, it's scrapping a fallen Antique Globe at the Castle is what crashes me, scrapping other things doesn't so far.

Edited by Warmaker01

You can always update them and fix them, it hardly a problem. Always encourage dev patches. they make everyone lives better.

My sorting, full dialogue and better UI mods work. Same for my base ESP mods.

that's not the point I want to have the choice of when i install patches not forced down my throat like DRM! why to take a play out of ubis book beth. :dry:

So how are mods working with this? Are the big ones like Homemaker, OCDecorator, DDProduction's, and Armorsmith Extended working fine?

How do you 'update' a mod for a patch..? Look for new conflicts caused by the patch I assume..?

There's no mod conflict for patch, not at surface. Mods touching cells will be affected, specially if they are outdated.

I've been using the 1.3 Beta for a while (played maybe 100 hours since updating).

I'm happy to say that the following issues seems to be fixed for me:

- no more lag spikes in built-up areas

- most blurry texture issues have gone

- no more invisible pipboy menus

- no more invisible weapons after switching

- companions don't get stuck animations anymore

- elevators correctly announce whether they are going up or down

- I have had zero CTDs since updating, not including a CTD caused by a bad texture in Gore Overhaul, which I was able to fix myself.

- all my mods (about 70) are working (I'm using Fallout 4 Mod Manager, which automatically makes the plugins.txt read-only). As mentioned, a bad texture in Gore Overhaul causes CTD after updating, but it was an issue with the mod itself.

Gore overhaul and armor smith will cause CTDs, scarp everything always been buggy and it better to turn it off as well.

The launcher does reset ini files, so use FO4SE and make sure you esps are on.

look like a buch of bug fix and not much new stuff

There is, but nothing that big.

The patch does fix a lot of quest bugs. It a good idea to grab it.

Gore overhaul and armor smith will cause CTDs, scarp everything always been buggy and it better to turn it off as well.

The launcher does reset ini files, so use FO4SE and make sure you esps are on.

I turned off updates in bpm but it still updated it, and changed the option in bpm back to auto update. Started the game up and everything is running nice, no ctd, and i have amorsmith. I'm not up to date with armorsmith though when i looked, so now i'm wondering if i should not update that just yet hmmm