Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34079885. #34080760, #34081435 are all replies on the same post.

Kelleth wrote: ANOTHER CRASH CULPRIT FOUND:
Textures/SertDressing/ and then if you have any flag files in the loose files below the folders, delete them.
Cat121 wrote: Thank you! This stopped my CTD.
fangysativa wrote: what do you mean by "flag" files?

Any file with the name "Flag" in it. Like Flag_s.dds

After updating, I tried to do the Silver Shroud mission and during one of the objectives, at the exact same point of talking to the person my game crashes. I hadn't even started this quest when I updated... I tried it 3 times, all of the times crashing, so I verified the game files via steam and it said it had to download 4.6GB of stuff that I was apparently missing. This is a huge problem for me since I only get 600KB/s download on a good day... Edited by HipTurtle

In response to post #34079885. #34080760, #34081435, #34081525 are all replies on the same post.

Textures/SertDressing/ and then if you have any flag files in the loose files below the folders, delete them.
Kelleth wrote: Any file with the name "Flag" in it. Like Flag_s.dds

Don't you mean setdressing?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\textures\setdressing???

In response to post #34079885. #34080760, #34081435, #34081525, #34081825 are all replies on the same post.

Kelleth wrote: Any file with the name "Flag" in it. Like Flag_s.dds
sydney666 wrote: Don't you mean setdressing?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\textures\setdressing???

Do you mean loose files not inside folders in the SetDressing folder?

In response to post #34068410. #34072035, #34078570, #34079200, #34080150, #34080220, #34080510, #34080620 are all replies on the same post.

prodajie wrote: Since the update I'm getting a CTD when attempting to enter build mode for any settlement.
huenni87 wrote: Same here. CTD when I enter the build mode. I try disable Settlement Keywords, Snap and Build and Alternetive Settlements but it doesn't help.
ludvig08 wrote: same here nothing
Enuvielle wrote: same here getting ctd when in build mode
Enuvielle wrote: i disabled enhanced blood and now the game works fine
Kelleth wrote: Go check your SetDressing folder in Textures, if you have any files for the Flag, delete them.
sydney666 wrote: Do you have GORE Overhaul installed? I had similar crashes - some totally unrelated to that mod, but it was causing CTD. When I uninstalled it, my game now does not crash any more. I have 184 mods installed, but only 30 or so mods actually install esps. Most of my mods are new or improved textures...
ludvig08 wrote: uninstall every mods. think i got all the loose addons too..
i do have sweetFX could that be the one?

I'm able to build ---- BUT lost my F & G for rotation when trying to build - only works on mouse now. =(((( :(

In response to post #34079440. #34080265 is also a reply to the same post.

Ravvid: Phase -0 wrote: We. Do. Not. Want. Forced. Updates. For. A. Heavily. Modded. PC. Game.

Why. Can't. We. Bloody. Wait. Until. Everything. Is. Fixed.

I feel like even if we spelled it out one letter at a time and subliminally infested the dreams of the developers these days it still wouldn't get into their head. Sometimes I just want to play my games for a while since they still work after spending hours browsing for mods/creating mods and installing them while making sure everything plays nice. How are super busy people supposed to deal with this? Spend most of their nights off checking for incompatibilities or small bugs that might be caused by some small code change? It makes me curious about that one new system that is like steam that says it allows users to disconnect. I really like some of the ability to stay "connected" these days but I would rather have it be optional. After programming all day I don't need my hand held about which updates to install and when. Yeah, it is just this once but since there were apparently so many issues before on previous updates that broke mods as well as the beta update, I can foresee a future of a repetitive cycle of having to fight my own game installation directory tooth and nail.

What joys I shall have determining if a newly installed mod is causing issues after this or if it was the patch.

Thanks for any warnings about mods breaking as well as the news. I wish that developers would be more respectful of their mod communities like they used to be.. since half of the time the mod community is what is really selling and/or fixing their game for them. I'll be waiting a few weeks to play until everything blows over/mods update.
russw1138 wrote: It is early days and this level of quality mods ahead of the official modding tools is unprecedented.

Also it's very easy to run steam in offline mode...

I my current FO4 game is highly modded and already giving me the occasional COD. as soon as I saw there was beta patch I switched to offline mode and will run that way till I complete this run - level 64 and past time I finished out the main quest line. By this time next week I suspect I will be on a new character with the patch and all the mods I want that work with the patch.

keep in mind that the game doesnt officially support mods at this time.

In response to post #34068820. #34077130, #34077260, #34078080 are all replies on the same post.

QBit71 wrote: Me too, CTD after the update. It seems, that we should wait, for the mod updates, or in the worst case, we have to start a new character. :(
MickeyMcE wrote: I uninstalled FO4 Gore overhaul mod and no more ctd's. Might be worth a try...
Username0815 wrote: I removed gore overhaul already when I tryd beta, but there are other things causing problems too. I for example can load my current save but crash everytime I enter my house.
sydney666 wrote: Thanks, I uninstalled GORE Overhaul and my CTD stopped.

It is a FALLOUT game and including Patch-FALLOUT for free^^