Guns I would like to see modded into FO4

YailBloor

I agree, in a world with electricity, terminals, printing presses etc, etc, you'd think someone could at least slap together a M3 or something. It was made with being easy to mass produce in mind. Not that I like the M3, but it speaks to your point.

I went and had a whole idea dump, edited into my previous post... this is what happens when I talk about modding. Goddamnit. Anyway, lemme know what you think?

From a semi-marketing POV, it'd drag the mod into the viewpoint of the main community, not just gun-nuts.

(Disclaimer: I am British, I have no understanding of firearms at all.)

I love the idea actually. It would make having my guns much more rewarding and make it an integral part of the game rather then something I just type into the console to get.

help vector 4

I really have only the most bare bones understanding of how modding works, but I know guns like the back of my hand and I have a hard time with weapons that don't at least approximate what I am familiar with. Hence this post in the first place.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... out of interest, what are the 'civvy' names for most of those weapons? I know vaguely that an M-16 is a modded AR-15...

Oooh, found this thing: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Pre-War_companies

So, according to that we have...

Circle-G, manufactured firearms and ammunition.

• 10mm
  • 5.56mm

Big Chief (only found in FO:NV)

• .357 magnum rounds

Federal Cartridge (Only FONV Honest Hearts addon)

• .45 automatic hollowpoints

L.O.B. Enterprises - Weapons R&D. Explorable location in FO3. Was involved with the chinese military.

Stent Security Solutions - Civilian firearms manufacturer, defense contractor. FO3.

• R91 Assault Rifle, lore says used following discontinuation of the M Series in the early 2000s. Issued to US Armed Forces, national guard etc.

Rheinmetall AG - German weapons manufacturing. Also a real world company known for weapons and military vehicles.

• Minigun in Fallout 2 and FO Tactics
  • 9mm machine pistol in Van Buren

Royal Small Arms Factory - British, aka RSAF Enfield
SIG-Sauer
Lockreed Industries - Definitely not Lockheed Martin.
Future-Tech (vault tech, GECK, advanced weaponry)
Heckler and Koch - interestingly, their weapons only appear in the original FO, FO2 and Fallout Tactics. They don't seem to be referenced in FO3, FONV or FO4. Legal reasons? Too close to reality?
Winchester - Same issue as H&K.

... naturally with lots of room to expand.

So, let's say that our real world Colt becomes Circle-G. The M-16/AR-15 maybe becomes the CR-16/CR-15? It looks exactly the same, and the name is close enough you know exactly what it is.

Edited by Athanasa

Nice find! That really is a good resource. My only guess as to why H&K weapons stopped being in the game is they tend to be a lot more high-tech then other ballistic weapons in the game? I don't know really.

Civilian model names can be weird, for example the M4 and M16 are variations of the AR-15, but the M14 has only ever been the M14. Generally, is a name has more depth then just letters and numbers (ie: Desert Eagle, Colt Python, Taurus Raging Bull) they were probably not intended for military use, but something like M92, Model 10, M82 was likely designed for military application. This is not a rule (since for example the Desert Eagle was intended for military applications), more of a observable pattern. The M9 pistol currently in service with US forces is a variation of the Beretta M92.

Edited by YailBloor

I was thinking, guns made from wasteland creatures parts?

I mean, in monster hunter you can make guns from monsters you kill and has the same traits. It was really cool, seems fitting, and they can have traits of the said thing they were made of.

Queen gun: a shell gun with acid spray or fire eggs.

Radscropo gun: A chitin gun that fires another round of poison or frenzy.

Deathclaw gun: can cause fear.

Edited by Boombro