How Many Mods are too much?

piddy3825

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck finding that one mod that broke your game if you have 800 of them.

UNQUOTE

there speaks a non-programmer.

here's a clue. Disable the first 400. Then you know which half the fault lies in. Then you disable 200 in THAT 400, and so on. This is why it is a GOOD idea to stay awake in your maths class at school.

Good luck finding that one mod that broke your game if you have 800 of them.

UNQUOTE

there speaks a non-programmer.

here's a clue. Disable the first 400. Then you know which half the fault lies in. Then you disable 200 in THAT 400, and so on. This is why it is a GOOD idea to stay awake in your maths class at school.

It's a bit more tricky when you have mod dependencies, compatibility patches and inbaked running scripts in your save files. Requires some digging in tes5edit / fo4edit, script logs and a clean save, but generaly as you said just disable in batches the mods that does not require additional steps to be removed.

At one point i have had 115 mods installed ( just testing mods) to see what they were like you know ?

Currently have about 80, had a couple of issues with some plugings not being removed apart from that everything runs great.

Downloading and searching daily for more interesting mods... :blush:

Rig in sig and I play Fallout 4 at 3840 x 2160 (4k UHD) with a tweaked ReShade with 75 mods installed. 56 of those mods are active plugins while the remaining 19 are textures. I dare not go any higher because at this current time FO4 uses 10GB of the 12GB VRAM on my Titan X. Posted a thread earlier with the data set for people to peruse.

• 3 months later...

When I recently crossed the 15o mod line, my game started crashing right on startup. Dropping back a couple of mods that added new raiders stopped the crashing. I'm currently trying to consolidate the smaller mods to see if this helps.

I have not read this entire post and other answers but currently I have 284 mods and 230 plugins and I love it. The only problem is when I start getting CTDs after an update and have to figure out what is causing it. This can take hours!

Also you do not need a good pc to play heavily modded fallout. Specs:

CPU: AMD 760K 3.8GHz (4.2GHz boost)

RAM: 16Gb DDR3

GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon R7 260X

I have long load times (my entire game folder is 40Gb) but in all performance isn't bad. 1920x1080p medium settings gets me 40-60 FPS depending on the situation (the fog on far harbor brings me to 25-45)

Hello,
I was just going thru my Fallout 4 folder and the numbers indicated I currently had 79 active mods and 59 plugins installed. It took a lot of trial and error to get all these to work together so the game wouldn't crash and yet there are still so many more mods to check out and so many being introduced everyday.

So, how many mods are in your FO4? Which do you think are best?

Your thoughts and feedback greatly appreciated

i have 400 mods installed 254 .esps many iof which are merged. my game runs fine. there is no such thing as to many mods.