Porting content from other games

*Post edited because REASONS*

Eh, no. Forget it, not worth it.

Edited by chakaru11

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i got a theory why people porting illegal content........

maybe they do it to became popular with a quick way (lazy) rather than making a custom model from scratch. there are many example of illegal porting such as images with mass effect content or halo armor.........

• 1 month later...

i think i got a theory why people porting illegal content........

maybe they do it to became popular with a quick way (lazy) rather than making a custom model from scratch. there are many example of illegal porting such as images with mass effect content or halo armor.........

Seeing how quickly ported assets from games on the porting white-list shoot up on the Hotfiles, this theory has high plausibility.

• 2 weeks later...
Sometimes certain sound effects, especially those from old games, tend to come from SFX libraries that were around at the time, as setting up sound stages tended to be outside of a studio's budget. Some of these old SFX libraries are free, or are now free as they have aged and become more associated with the games that used them instead of just standing by themselves.

There is no possible way that the copyright on anything used in a computer game has expired.

Internationally, copyrights are automatic and extend at least 50 years from date of first publication.

(In the US, the default is 75 years...)

Some games may have included materials from collections that the copyright holder allowed to be freely used, but it is highly unlikely that any recorded material of this sort is actually in the "Public Domain".