Site redesign - 2016 Update #1

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #35087280.

cynrossi wrote: The worst thing about your site is while browsing mod files I click on one to learn more about it when I click the back button it doesn't return me to the page I was on but the page 1 of the list. If I was 50 pages into a few 100 page list of mods it is a real pain to work my way back to where I was in the list. This is with internet explorer I haven't used other browsers.

Best way for me is to click on the mod using middle button and open the details for the mod on a new tab. Took some time to get used to it, but works like charm.

Everyone should use scroll click to open links. It's so easy and accessible..

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The search function is my only issue with nexus mods. You guys need to implement TAGS.

Ive lost count how many times I thought "hey, what was that great knife mod again?" and couldn't find it because the author didnt have the word "knife" in the title or description.

Please add TAGS

In response to post #35138655.

lucas182 wrote: The search function is my only issue with nexus mods. You guys need to implement TAGS.

Ive lost count how many times I thought "hey, what was that great knife mod again?" and couldn't find it because the author didnt have the word "knife" in the title or description.

Please add TAGS

Very much this, a tagging system would greatly help people find what they want.

In response to post #35138655. #35148170 is also a reply to the same post.

lucas182 wrote: The search function is my only issue with nexus mods. You guys need to implement TAGS.

Please add TAGS
Stunami wrote: Very much this, a tagging system would greatly help people find what they want.

Tags have been added

In response to post #35087280. #35125815 is also a reply to the same post.

cynrossi wrote: The worst thing about your site is while browsing mod files I click on one to learn more about it when I click the back button it doesn't return me to the page I was on but the page 1 of the list. If I was 50 pages into a few 100 page list of mods it is a real pain to work my way back to where I was in the list. This is with internet explorer I haven't used other browsers.
J.O.D. wrote: Best way for me is to click on the mod using middle button and open the details for the mod on a new tab. Took some time to get used to it, but works like charm.

How embarrassing. In a hundred years of PC work, I never realised that! (D'Oh! ) Thanks for the tip! Edited by BlueGunk

In response to post #35087280. #35125815, #35168160 are all replies on the same post.

J.O.D. wrote: Best way for me is to click on the mod using middle button and open the details for the mod on a new tab. Took some time to get used to it, but works like charm.
BlueGunk wrote: How embarrassing. In a hundred years of PC work, I never realised that! (D'Oh! ) Thanks for the tip!

WOW, I am ashamed to say I didn't either. Works like a sharm.
Thank you for sharing J.O.D. :-)

In response to post #35105540.

gezegond wrote: I can't say I like it. The mods, news, media, should be on different pages. If they have to be on the same page I'd combine news and media and put it on a side bar. Way it is now very easy to miss, not many people scroll down. And if you're here just for the news, you shouldn't have to scroll down.

I second that :-)

In response to post #35087280. #35125815, #35168160, #35181215 are all replies on the same post.

BlueGunk wrote: How embarrassing. In a hundred years of PC work, I never realised that! (D'Oh! ) Thanks for the tip!
fredlaus wrote: WOW, I am ashamed to say I didn't either. Works like a sharm.

That's a pretty nifty trick BlueGunk. I would like to know how you can squeeze 100 years of working with PCs, when the "PC" has only been around about 36 years (give or take a few years).

In response to post #35087280. #35125815, #35168160, #35181215, #35183765 are all replies on the same post.

WanderingMania wrote: That's a pretty nifty trick BlueGunk. I would like to know how you can squeeze 100 years of working with PCs, when the "PC" has only been around about 36 years (give or take a few years).

J.O.D. I had no idea about that, I always right clicked and then open in new tab. THANK YOU!!! That works like a charm.

In response to post #35087280. #35125815, #35168160, #35181215, #35183765, #35186770 are all replies on the same post.

WanderingMania wrote: That's a pretty nifty trick BlueGunk. I would like to know how you can squeeze 100 years of working with PCs, when the "PC" has only been around about 36 years (give or take a few years).
dohlbrak wrote: J.O.D. I had no idea about that, I always right clicked and then open in new tab. THANK YOU!!! That works like a charm.

@ Wanderingmania: It just feels like 100 years! I was using punched tape and card back on mainframes in the 1970s... And as for the pre-Internet days an acoustic coupler on a Texas unit. It does feel a long time... Hope you appreciate the humour.